You have lost your job and your house, your down to your last $1,000. How will you make out at the end of the month?

by purplesofa 130 Replies latest jw friends

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Try it Outlaw, see how you make it. Since your a mountain man, you may not survive in the city though!

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I've played that game recently in real life, it's not fun.

And no it didn't happen because my husband and I are stupid and mismanaged our income. It happened because my husband, the main bread winner, got sick and all off our failsafes (disability insurance from hubby's job, the Feds, and mortgage) all fell through and we were left with nothing and homeless. It can happen (and does) to anyone, even the so-called smart folks on this board.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

OK I tried it..

I ran out of money by trying to keep my dog..

Why does this all sound so Familar?..(Goes back under the Couch)..

.................... ...OUTLAW

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

I hear ya, mrsjones, I lived for years under that stress with 5 kids.

Now, I am seeing it happening to more and more people I know lately.

Things are not getting better...well, not around here. Seem to be getting worse or we are feeling a delay on what the rest of the nation was already going through.

It's falling like a house of cards.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Poor people cannot have dogs!!!!!

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Homeless folks do. :D

• designs
    designs

During the Recession of 1991-1993 we took in 2 families to help out and cutout all the extras like movies, meals were very basic. I dug ditches, any kind on work I could get, we survived.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    Poor people cannot have dogs!!!!!.....Purps

Homeless people have dogs..They wander around with them..

The Dog thinks the homeless guys house must be really far away..

.................... ...OUTLAW

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Purple---I think that typing test was designed to fail you. I've been repeatedly tested, and I'm a fast and accurate typist. I failed it 4 times until I realized there was no passing it. I made no mistakes. I sat at a computer for 15 years at a fortune 500 company, and on top of that, occasionally worked temp jobs where I was tested. I always come in quite accurate at nearly 70 wpm. So I think that was supposed to work out that way.

I didn't do so well. I took the factory job--but it made the same as the typing job. I had a little over $200 and rent was due. And who really starts out with $1000?

NC

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Yes, I see many families now, moving in together to make it.

I think what is important about the test is, the decisions that have to be made, like opting out of ins, not going to family members memorial, what kids go through at school when viewed as poor, missing out on anything social. For people that have lost everything, this is what they are going through.

People that would otherwise not ignore things, like getting your car legal, would never do so otherwise. Then the humiliation, stigma, prejudices start.

Millions of people are living like this everyday. Trying desperately to hang on. Remember compassion, tolerance, patience, and be giving when you can.

A smile to someone struggling...a supportive word is encouraging. and it's free.

purps

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit