You have lost your job and your house, your down to your last $1,000. How will you make out at the end of the month?

by purplesofa 130 Replies latest jw friends

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Thanks Jadeen for the link very true and dealing with all that in ones life, some foul language is needed to survive!!!!

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

The game is rigged. If you pay $700 rent you darn better get a good landlord that does things the legal way - the game had me spend about $250 for a crappy landlord and the rent didn't include utilities? I spend $20 a month on legal insurance for that kind of stuff. Also, dentist and doctor bills don't have to be payed right away and can be payed in chunks. I was keeping $300 in the bank until it started throwing those curveballs at me and basically said "well, your decision doesn't matter, we'll just take it out of your account anyway" - no landlord is able to do that. A fee for having your account under balance has also been illegal for a few years afaik and if it isn't in your area, get a better bank. I've been able to get bounced check fees returned when I went under balance.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

I did have someone I rented from say my rent went up $100 instantly....they were JW's too. There was no way I could move. Actually, I had recently just moved there, was just getting things settled in.

• journey-on
    journey-on

When I realized the test was rigged, I clicked out. I don't like being limited in my choices. I type 80+ wpm and when I realized the test was misleading, I felt the thing was bogus. When your back is against the wall, you cannot allow yourself to shut out all possibilities and allow others to limit you.

Then I thought about a housekeeper I know. She is uneducated but hard working. Her bum of a husband works only sometimes. This woman knew early on that she was going to have to be the regular bread winner in that household. She has a slightly mentally challenged daughter and another one that is a single mom of two. She was going to have to make more than minimum wage, but her skills were limited.

Her story is a good one. She put the word out that she cleans houses. She got her first one and showed up with a used vacuum, a box of cleaning supplies, a mop, a bucket, and a broom. She worked hard and was honest. She had a great attitude and the word got out. One house turned into two, then three + . She put her daughters to work, and now they do quite well. Over the years, she has been able to buy a home, a used SUV, and.....a new vacuum cleaner.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

And the game of life as we know it is rigged and unfair for many as well @Anony Mous

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

@journey-on

being poor leaves people with very limited choices.

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety

When I realized the test was rigged, I clicked out.

The test was rigged. I picked "waiter" because it is easy money every night (and I did it for years.) It spit out $8 an hour. I made $15 an hour my first waiting gig I took out of financial desperation (and that was the least I ever made in that line of work).

• unshackled
    unshackled

Well that was interesting purp. Thanks for the link. I made it thru the month but had to be a bit of a rat bastard.

Let my coworker get unjustly fired, didn't send my kid to the museum, put plastic on my broken window, and dug thru dumpsters for discarded pizza boxes for some cheese bits.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

LOL!!..

Please tell me your Joking thats friggin horrible..

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Tried it again..I had to be ruthless..

Get rid of the dog..Ignore the kids..

Still couldn`t make the rent..Had to sell the kids..

..................... ...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit