"Mentally diseased" article to be published in The Independent tomorrow

by cedars 311 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• still thinking
    still thinking

It's ok....I'm here to patch you all up.....NOW carry on...Fight the fine fight.

***looks around for some sticky tape for zid***

• wobble
    wobble

This topic should be kept going as long as possible.

I had some thoughts on Article 8 of The Human rights act, the right to a family life, thinking of it in the light of the JW's shunning practice, so I started a bit of research, and it now strikes me that the original WT July 15th "mentally diseased" accusation could fall foul of quite a bit of U.K legislation.

Angus posted that the CPS were looking at the article, but I wonder if they have thought of the wider application ? i.e The Freedom from Harassment Act, designed to stop stalkers,but now used in a wider context.

Just random thoughts here, but if anyone is in touch with the CPS, even indirectly, perhaps a hint to look at all aspects, and all possible infringements of U.K law, may not go amiss.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Interesting thoughts Wobble.

The right to a family life is on the Conservative agenda as being too liberal when it comes to extradition policy (mind you I am extremely skeptical about the cat story) . Maybe it could work in our favour.

• Jesuit Scholar
    Jesuit Scholar

Wobble, sounds interesting. I am not aware of the peculiars of U.K. statutory law, you might wanna post your comment in the thread regarding the contact with the CPS. Good thoughts.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/216413/1/A-bit-more-Activity-on-the-Mentally-Diseased-Front

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I see the blog is still ongoing!

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I see Braziliano is still posting vitriol and not answereing searching questions.

There's a really weird reply to me from Mindy Doorn that makes very little sense. Sadly I can't reply on this PC due to my employer's protocols.

It's still holding my attention with interest!

• nugget
    nugget

Braziliano never answers and some of his posts are bizarre but then he is not alone.

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Bumpity bump

Loz x

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "**looks around for some sticky tape for zid**"

I wanna "PowerPuff Girls" bandaid!!!

• cedars
    cedars

Do they do bandaids for dragon scales??! Wow, the wonders of medical progress....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit