Are you sick of conspiracy nuts?.....9/11

by Witness 007 220 Replies latest jw experiences

• designs
    designs

damn!!! Left in the Van in the parking garage.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

I never said it is impossible for a skyscraper to be held up by its core alone. I said that the WTC wasn't designed that way. The proposed Dubai Dynamic Tower has a completely different kind of construction (indeed different from almost any other building), and it has a concrete core which the WTC never had. If you want to talk about the flooding of bullshit on the internet, you got to be talking about truthers; you can't google anything about 9/11 on the internet without wading through scores and scores of "bombs in the WTC" and "death rays" and "hologrammed planes" and "TV fakery" and "VicSims" and "missile at the Pentagon" and whatever else truthers come up with. Am I not right?

Now about the distribution of loads. It isn't as simple as you've characterized it. The central core structure carried only gravity loads [De Luca, Di Fiore, Mele & Romano 2003:82], but not that this does not mean that ONLY the core carried gravity loads. And only the perimeter structure carried lateral loads [ENR, 1965, Vol. 174, p. 64], but this does not mean that the perimeter columns ONLY carried lateral loads. The perimeter columns supported about half of the gravity loads (NISTNCSTAR1, p. 6). That they supported gravity loads should be obvious since they had to support their own weight; the core columns weren't responsible for supporting the core, the floors, AS WELL AS the whole perimeter structure. The two systems were also not independent but connected via the floor trusses and especially through the hat truss. The impact of the planes weakened the core columns, taking several of them out in the impact zones. They also took out a good portion of the perimeter columns on the north side of WTC1 and the south side of WTC2. And fire weakened substantially the perimeter columns along the whole south side of WTC1 and the east side of WTC2 (as can be seen in photos of the whole perimeter structure along these floors being pulled inward). The perimeter structure in the zones compromised by the impact and fire INDEED carried gravity loads — they had to support the perimeter structure directly above it! And this added additional load to the weakened core, redistributed via the hat truss (that's the redundancy of the structure at work). So far we are only talking about static dead loads (the weight of the structure itself). Once the entire perimeter structure on one side of the tower fails and the section of the building above it falls one story, now we are talking about dynamic live loads, and as indicated above, the energy was in excess of what the structure was able to absorb.

• bohm
    bohm

hey pson, you are still strugling with the difficult physics problem?

its interesting you think you have such an amazing ability to tell what is and what is not physically plausible, yet for the simplest of computations --nevermind computing something hard like total fall time-- you throw up your arms and evade the question.

So what is the number? Is it the one Leolaia supplied, or is it something else?

Leolaia: As usual, i learn a lot from what you post, i see i knew very little about this subject!

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

I have never had a conspiracy nut. I have had a Walnut, Pecan nut, Cashew nut, and Hazelnut. But, a conspiracy nut?

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

You know Leo, I respect you very much, but I think I'm going with the 1500 architects and engineers on this one.

What really amazes me, is that this can really go on forever, but it is really just a clouding of the main issue about 911. It all comes down to foreknowledge. Who knew, and who didn't. You know what? Let's say you're right. Osama Bin Laden caused the WTC to turn to dust. Sibel Edmonds says he was still on the CIA payroll. So either way, it was the CIA that attacked us. Now we can all go home winners!

• designs
    designs

Take it up with Leon Panetta.

• designs
    designs

Interesting news item to day- Al Qaeda slams the Iranian President for saying that 9/11 was a US Gov. inside job. Al-Qaeda knows they did it.

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

Interesting news item to day- Al Qaeda slams the Iranian President for saying that 9/11 was a US Gov. inside job. Al-Qaeda knows they did it.

Then they should be able to provide some evidence that they did it. How about the names of 19 hijackers who actually DIED? You mean these anonymous jihad superheroes died in vain?

Any of you Co-Indidence theorists can help them out immensely with just a phone call to United Airlines. How about a copy of ONE BOARDING PASS that they should be able to provide easily? Or since both flights out of Boston had their check-in monitored, how about a picture of just one Arab getting on?

• designs
    designs

Oh its gotten to that has it......

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

Leo, here's what I'm talking about with the sources you select for "data"....

The perimeter columns supported about half of the gravity loads (NISTNCSTAR1, p. 6).

NIST and FEMA are two biggest sources of Internet disinfo about the WTC, and here's the proof:

http://911research.wtc7.net/wtc/evidence/blueprints.html

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit