Are we all still FAMILY? Yes or No?

by Greybeard 63 Replies latest jw friends

• Greybeard
    Greybeard

I say Yes

Here is why, even though I no longer agree with most of what the GB/WT/JW's teach, I still feel especially close to all of us who were apart of this group. Born in or converted. We all have had the same life experience of being raised in a over bearing mind controlling cult. The Watchtower has gone WAY beyond what is written. I know many have lost faith in God all together and I can understand why.

When I am on a forum like this I feel I am with my family. Am I crazy for feeling this way? Do you feel that way too? I love the humor and jokes and I relate to most of them. I believe many of us have developed a heightened sense of humor to combat all of the sadness we have lived through.

We are not "mentally diseased" people like the recent 9/11 Watchtower calls us, we ALL have been mentally abused. Is it any wonder many do not want to have anything to do with God anymore? These were "Gods representatives" to us for years.

So how do you feel about this question? Do you feel a special relationship with X-JW's and maybe even lost believing JW's? I ache for my family with tears often. I am carrying a heavy load of pain and heart ache as many of you are I am sure. Sometimes to the point, well... I don't want to say it...

But I want to say this, I love each and every one of you and I still feel like you are my brothers and sisters wether you do or not. I believe many of you feel the same way.

Your brother,

Greybeard

• shamus100
    shamus100

Yes, I do.

We've been through so much, and nobody else understands. How could you not feel like exjw's are family?

• compound complex
    compound complex

If it had not been for Janet B I may never have met you, Greybeard!

Off and running to work but had to say hello and we love you too.

CoCo

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

We gots family all over the world! :D

• angel.face
    angel.face

YES!

What a nice post.

I am new here but I feel like I'm among family. I'm still 'in' but for the purpose get my family out.

I can't talk to my family about everything that I've learned about JWs or feel about them, so, in that sense you guys know me better then my family does.

I think the other uniting factor here for ex-JWs or people like me is that others who are not familiar with JWs just don't understand. We have all been there and know the feelings and notions one may go through, so we can support each other.

I have mentioned before that this is THE life saving work (getting people out of mind enslavement) and someone replied that this is the worldwide brotherhood and I believe that to be true.

• sizemik
    sizemik

There are none so strong, as ties that are forged in the crucible of a shared but bitter experience.

Ask a soldier.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I'm not even an "X", but I don't think there is any other group of people who could possibly relate to the emotional rollercoaster that I (and obviously many others) have found myself on from having the blinders taken off. Everything in my life revolved around meetings, service, reaching out, etc. You know what I'm saying. I owned more suits & ties than a banker.

Then, the foundation for it all came crashing down. Maybe it wasn't a crash -- maybe it eroded over a long haul. IDK. If it wasn't a crash, there was a final straw. My emotions rocket back and forth from anger, disgust, self pity, sadness, depression, regret, grief, hatred (is that too strong?) etc etc, I can't even describe it with words. But I really don't have to, as YOU KNOW what I'm talking about.....you've been there.....

Yet, I miss the warm & fuzzy that I had in the WT community....even if it was delusional. Know what I'm saying there too?

DOC

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

The Borg forces conformity and calls it a loving worldwide brotherhood.

The Free enable diversity and and we know we can count on each other no matter how different our personalities or views.

Which is more like true family? I think the answer is obvious.

• mrquik
    mrquik

Greybeard: You're right on the money. Sizemik: An eloquent observation.

• designs
    designs

Yes we are, we all have Belly-buttons showing we are connected to Adam and Eve...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit