Are we all still FAMILY? Yes or No?

by Greybeard 63 Replies latest jw friends

• factfinder
    factfinder

GreyBeard- nice post-thank you. Yes, in a way we are family of a sort. (My real family are not close with me.)

DesirousOfChange- I agree! We all know what is was like being witnesses and non-witnesses do not understand what we are going through.

Alot of good points being brought out here.

AnneB and exwhyzee- I agree with points you mention too.

It is nice being on this forum with others who do understand and most of us are trying to encourage each other even though what we believe,( or don't believe!) is different from each other. Thank you to all who have encouraged me!

• factfinder
    factfinder

By the way I love meatloaf! My Mom made the best meatloaf and stuffed peppers!

• stuckinamovement
    stuckinamovement

We are family
    I got all my brothers and sisters with me
    We are family
    Get up everybody and sing

Everyone can see we're together
    As we walk on by
    And we fly just like birds of a feather
    I'm not telling no lie

All of the people around us to say
    Can we be that close
    Just let me state for the record
    We're giving love in a family dose, yeah

CHORUS
    We are family
    We are family

We are family
    I got all my sisters with me
    We are family

Living life is fun and we've just begun
    To get our share of the world's delights
    High hopes we have for the future
    And our goal's in sight
    No we don't get depressed
    Here's what we call our golden rule
    Have faith in you and the things you do
    You won't go wrong, oh no
    This is our family Jewel, yeah

CHORUS
    We are family
    We are family

• AGuest
    AGuest

While I realize not all have taken this tack, I tend to look at it in the "light" of the words of Mark 10:29, 30, dear Greybeard (peace to you!):

"Truly I say to YOU men, No one has left house or brothers or sisters or mother or father or children or fields for my sake and for the sake of the good news who will not get a hundredfold now in this period of time, houses and brothers and sisters and mothers and children and fields, with persecutions, and in the coming system of things everlasting life. ”

I don't have family in, true, but I my personal tendency would be to try and take a more positive outlook at all of this. If I could.

Again, peace to you... and "I LOVE YOU, MAN!"

A slave of Christ,

SA

• talesin
    talesin

((Greybeard))

I feel the same way, and call you folks 'my tribe'.

tal

• N.drew
    N.drew

I couldn't imagine a crazier bunch of wonderful people that I would be glad to feed and shelter if I could. You'll have an opinion! Isn't that rare and wonderful? It is wonderful. Keep thinking!!! Don't surrender the old grey matter. Family means; if you do give up, I will be awful sorry, and I might cry. So, yes You are family.

(something I learned "IN" is capitol "Y" on 'you" means a group.) WBTS taught me alot, but they seem to have given up on the grey matter. A pity.

• discreetslave
    discreetslave

I ditto all that has been said. We are a family !!!

• talesin
    talesin

lol @ mrquik,,,, I will wear that scummy badge with honour!

tal /

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

I feel a definite connection. People that have never been there have a hard time understanding. If I didn't have this place, I'd drive everyone in RL crazy by always talking about ex dubbie issues. But I pop on here, and like me or hate me, I get feedback and encouragement. It's a lot llike family that way.

NC

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

I feel the exact same way! We all have been through something that is unique, and many times our experiences are almost identical. I have always considered other Ex-JW's as my family, even if we do not always agree on things. I try to love others unconditionally, even those who have hurt me on this board, whether it was intentional or not.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit