What Do You Say or Is It Better to Saying Nothing?

by Eiben Scrood 60 Replies latest jw friends

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent
    Eiben Scrood's friend's response - There will always be little things in the truth, as I said imperfect humans. A few things over the year I may not have though the understanding was correct or what was written was total correct but it doesn't really matter.

Hi Elben Scrood, I liked your email back to your friend, but as other posters have said you are taking a big chance telling your friend that you disagree with the WTBTS. If you want to plant seeds of doubts in your friend and reduce your exposure to being Df'ed, you should ask your friend simple little questions like what issues soes your friend have with WTBTS' doctrines and who are those imperfect humans he wrote about? If you can get your friend to open up and think about what he writes then you may be able to help your friend.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

ABibleStudent

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Judging from his response, he is fully in. Nothing you say right now will make a difference.

• Eiben Scrood
    Eiben Scrood

Just to clarify, my initial reaction was to take him on full blast and address his points. The comments in this thread definitely made me rethink and that is shown in my reply to him posted above.

• sizemik
    sizemik

I think you'll probably be fine.

There's simply nothing to be gained that's all . . . only risk to you.

It's not the size of the explosion that matters . . . what matters is that a committed JW's loyalty to the Organisation always outweighs a friendship if they conflict . . . even slightly . . . always.

• Franklin Massey
    Franklin Massey

He seems nice. Your reply shows him you aren't a total apostate Satanist. Likely, he'll just think you're "spiritually weak" or a little misguided. From here on out, drop the religious banter and just keep it friendly. Make sure that you, through your actions, show that your friendship is not conditional.

• Eiben Scrood
    Eiben Scrood

Franklin - believe me, I didn't want to get into any religious banter. He brought it up and hopefully it will never surface again.

Part of the reason I wanted to make some kind of reply is because of what you mentioned in your last statement. I didn't want him to think that now I was going to ignore *him* because he still is enslaved. I'd rather take the chance about making waves than do that. I'd like him to know that I would be very willing to keep at least some kind of friendship, agreeing to just never discuss religion. I know this is very hard to do in Watchtower circles but it's not going to be from my end. I'm not hellbent on stumbling him and pulling him out of the cult. I genuinely like him as a person and I hope that he will gather that from my replies and the fact that I contacted him initially.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

You can expect your friend to get on his high horse and assert his spiritual superiority. He'll also remind you that it IS black-and-white, because we either worship Jehovah or we worship Satan.

If you're lucky, you'll never hear from him again. If you're extraordinarily lucky.

• outsmartthesystem
    outsmartthesystem

What is it you are trying to accomplish? First and foremost do NOT tell him he is wrong. But if he is your BFF and you are hoping that he'll see the "truth" for what it really is then you have a hell of a project on your hands. You have already shown him that you have serious "doubts" and you don't go to meetings anymore. At this point.....anything you say that is even remotely negative will be viewed by him as an attack on his faith. If you are trying to save him from this wretched organization then you need to keep the communication line open for quite a long time. Ask him questions. Let him witness to you and agree with him. When he no longer feels like you are a threat to his "spirituality", ask him some thought provoking questions. Or say something like "you're right....understanding who the king of the north is or what the true meaning of a generation doesn't matter in the long run. What matters is that it is God's organization. What you've said to me has made a lot of sense. I don't want to live my life in limbo anymore. I told my wife yesterday that I am going to do the research necessary to prove to me and to her that Jesus selected the Witnesses in 1919 as his faithful slave." And as you do your "research" you can bring up points to mention to him that just don't add up and ask him if he can help you understand it any better. If there are enough questions that he can't answer....perhaps he'll start to wonder too.

Then again......taking this approach.....you risk him seeing through it and alerting your elders that you have serious doubts. Do you have other family and friends in the organization that you would lose if you were DFd?

Finally, if your friend is nothing more than an acquaintance. I'd do just like everyone says. I'd shut up and walk away.

Just my dos pesos

Only CONSIDER what I suggested above if he is your blood brother and you simply cannot bear to see him throw his life away.

• Ding
    Ding

This is Jehovah's organization and it is the Truth

Doesn't sound very hopeful to me.

No matter what you point out about the org, in his mind it's still "the truth."

He's buying into the cult mindset hook, line, and sinker.

Eiben Scrood's reply above looks good to me.

At least you'd be planting seeds.

• mrquik
    mrquik

Hey Scrood; Best to leave it alone. You can't do anything to change their minds. Save your time & energy for better things.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit