What Do You Say or Is It Better to Saying Nothing?

by Eiben Scrood 60 Replies latest jw friends

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I did a successful fade.

LEAVINGWT SAID: Unless you want to be DF'd, you should attempt to have little or no contact with any JWs. When you do have contact, you should never, ever express anything negative about the WT Society.

I wholeheartedly agree with LWT. Do not put down in writing anything that come back and bite you.

If you feel compelled to reply, thank him/her for their note as you can see their sincerity in what they said.

Then BYE BYE

• N.drew
    N.drew

Don't answer it.

Don't Don't Don't Even if Satan takes you by the throat, don't. I shall go read the rest of the replies later.

But don't answer it.

Besides, he will be very proud of you IF you don't answer, for he will know you learned well from the GB.

Sometimes it sounds like I'm kidding, but I'm not! Don't answer it.

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

I agree that you should say nothing to him. It's over and you have a new life with a child coming soon enjoy your family and new friends and forget about these people they are not worth it.

Congratualations on having a baby.

• nugget
    nugget

any successful fade can become unsuccessful overnight. A fade is never over it is always ongoing. I would not attempt to argue with him at the first critical sentence he will switch off. This is a case when to leave well alone, if his own education and experience has not equiped him to question his belief system he is not ready to do so at the present time and it can only land you in hot water.

• Eiben Scrood
    Eiben Scrood

I respect the view that I may be taking a risk but I just can't say nothing. It's just not my nature as I'm a very open person. I don't sense he will make trouble for me. I guess will see. I think my reply was balanced. There is a bit of BS in there.

My reply:

You raise some good points. I guess I just don't see things as black and white anymore. I definitely plan on telling my son of my firm belief in a Creator and also Jesus' role in matters. I don't have the best memories of having grown up in the Watchtower organization. I don't want my son to grow up with the guilt that I did. I want him to use his own thinking to decide the best course for himself whatever that might be. I can assure you that he will be loved unconditionally. I respect that you are happy in the organization and I wish you and your family the best. I agree that there are many truths. I also feel that much is left to be revealed as you alluded to somewhat. I think of 1 Corinthians 13:12: "For at present we see in hazy outline by means of a metal mirror, but then it will be face to face. At present I know partially, but then I shall know accurately even as I am accurately known." I definitely still have faith and I take comfort from scriptures like these: "Consequently, just as one trespass resulted in condemnation for all people, so also one righteous act resulted in justification and life for all people." - Romans 5:18

" He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world. " - 1 John 2:2

‎"For there is one God and one mediator between God and mankind, the man Christ Jesus, who gave himself as a ransom for all people." - 1 Timothy 2:5,6

I'll have to pass along a few photos once ... has made his entrance into the world! Your friend,

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Good scriptueres to send back, you may have just planted a seed.

• N.drew
    N.drew

If you answer him, you have done nothing for him. People need people, The Word knows that. Real shunning is for people who are on a self destruct route. You are not on that route, he most likely is on the self destruct route. You may shun him. It would be a fine thing to do in instances like this. Just in case the Bible does teach shunning it is for each day to decide, it should never become a law. Next time he writes, maybe you will feel it is right to replay, I think this time replying is probably wrong. Where there is no wood, the fire goes out. The man is on fire. Only Governing Body water can put him out.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

we just need to hang on for the ride. The alternatives doesn't offer much long term, and the alternatives don't offer any Truths.

Now there`s a Brain Dead Response any JW would be proud of ..

Translation..

You don` t Have to Think when your..

WatchTarded..

............................;-)...OUTLAW

• N.drew
    N.drew

Good letter, never mind. I would have liked to have recieved a letter like that. I think you have done good.

• sizemik
    sizemik

The reply is fine . . . except if he decides to pass the information on.

Even what you have said is enough to possibly prompt a visit if you're "inactive." The one question they will want you to answer if they call is . . .

"Do you still believe that Jehovah's Witnesses are God's spirit-directed Organisation?"

If you say no . . . they will ask if you wish to DA . . . if you say no again . . . they may just announce you as no longer a JW anyway.

Just hope he doesn't pass the information on.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit