Were any of you anointed?

by TimothyT 70 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• oppostate
    oppostate

Hi Tim,

I partake. I feel the scriptures teach us Jesus words on the matter. He said "do this in memory of me".

There are scriptures such as 1 John 5:1 that tell us we are children of God if we put faith in His Son.

The word Christ means anointed and a Christian is a follower of Christ. Since he told his folllowers

we should drink and eat of the emblems in his memory then all Christians should. The Holy Spirit is a

helper that guides me, basically it reinforces things that were already there through my faith in Jesus

as my Savior, my Mediator to our Heavenly Father.

I'm opposed to the Watchtower's teaching that Jesus is only the mediator for 144000 persons ouf of

mankind. I feel that he is a willing mediator for all humankind. His suffering on the cross was a sacrifice

that bought faithful ones with a price, the great price of his life, for our lives.

Therefore I partake... in memory of our Savior's great sacrifice for "all humankind".

• tec
    tec

Good post Oppostate.

Peace to you,

Tammy

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

If we count whisky, then yes. Right now. And I had udon noodles for dinner, that's like bread.

• wantingtruth
  • Quendi
    Quendi

@Perry: I appreciate your thinking on this matter, but I remain convinced of my beliefs and totally unconvinced of yours. Let's just leave the matter at that. I can only assume that by "Quentin" you meant my username, Quendi. If not, then just overlook this reply.

Quendi

• Perry
    Perry

@Perry: I appreciate your thinking on this matter, but I remain convinced of my beliefs and totally unconvinced of yours.

Quendi,

Im sure that you are aware of this biblical command to Christians:

be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear
    - 1 Peter 3: 15

I would like to bring the above obligation to your attention and ask you how a person can get their sins forgiven while outside of the New Covenant? Just one new testament scripture will be sufficient. I will also offer a $ 10,000 reward for the production of such a New Testament scripture, just to provide a more carnal incentive.

If you could provide such a scripture then I could go back to the KH and be with my rather large family and relatives. So, I am very interested in if you know of a way other than the New Covenant.

The emblems and the New Covenant cannot be separated:

Likewise also the cup after supper, saying, This cup is the new covenant in my blood, which is shed for you. – Luke 22:20

• Quendi
    Quendi

I'm afraid, Perry, that your comprehension of the English language needs work. I will not be drawn into an argument or debate with you on this topic for it seems that is what you want. I'm not interested in splitting frog hair over how the new covenant is to be viewed or who benefits from its provisions. That's not to say I don't believe in the new covenant or its importance, only that I don't agree with your interpretation of its meaning regardless of what scriptures you want to cite or quote. However, Jehovah's Witnesses are fond of the method of browbeating others with their opinions. That method is a symptom of what I call "Witnessitis". You seem to have contracted a particularly severe case of this malady.

Quendi

• Diest
    Diest

Wasn’t Kool-Aid man of the anointed?

When they become anointed, do they get anointed with lithium or some other anti-psychotic drug?

• agonus
    agonus

When I was still "in" a few years back (shortly before my complete mental and physical departure), I had the overwhelming conviction that I had the heavenly calling (to be with Christ) but I never partook, caving into pressure from my JW spouse and her family.

I still feel a "calling" of sorts, though I'm not sure what to call that calling. My concept of "heaven" - if it could even be considered a "concept" at this stage - certainly does not match any orthodox Christian understanding of such, so far as I'm able to discern.

• Awen
    Awen

@ Perry

There is one way a person could have had their sins forgiven outside of the New Covenant, but that time is past.

Luke 7:48 "Then Jesus said to her, "Your sins are forgiven."

Luke 5:20 "When Jesus saw their faith, he said, "Friend, your sins are forgiven."

Luke 5:24 "But that you may know that the Son of Man has authority on earth to forgive sins..." He said to the paralyzed man, "I tell you, get up, take your mat and go home." (same as Matthew 9:5)

Now Jesus was himself saying this to individuals, proving to us that while outside of the New Covenant he had the authority already to forgive sins.

So I answered the question " how a person can get their sins forgiven while outside the New Covenant?"

You didn't ask how YOU might get your sins forgiven which is something entirely different.

You can PM me for my snail mail address and send me a cashier's check for the 10 grand.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit