Were any of you anointed?

by TimothyT 70 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• TimothyT
    TimothyT

Did any of you feel that mystical force telling you that you were of the anointed class?

What did it feel like? Was it real? What is all the fuss about?

Timmy xxx

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Sorry Tim. Not me. I was 'disappointed' but not 'anointed' as per dubbie dreamworld.

• sizemik
    sizemik
    Did any of you feel that mystical force telling you that you were of the anointed class?

You're pulling our leg aren't you Timmy?

If there's any XJW juice drinkers here . . the best they can do is tell you they were bullshittin' the rest of us . . I think.

• TimothyT
    TimothyT

Lol... when i saw on the main thread list that my thread has had one reply from a punkofnice... my heart leapt... i thought you were going to say yes, and then explain to me all the shizz involved.

My dad said in April (when we were both fading out) that if he ever goes to the memorial again, he will partake of the bread and the wine because he thinks all CHristians should do it. He said if he did there would be a right stink up. HAHAH!!! He was such a good elder and also very much loved, but he loves personal bible study and if there is somat that makes no sense he will question it and if its nonsense he wont believe it (eg... the Generations thingy)! Anyway, if he did partake, it would simply mean that he now has more power than all others in our hall. Lol!

Errr... whatever... i dont think he believes this anymore.

Timmy xxx

• TimothyT
    TimothyT

Do you think so Sizemilk? I kind of feel that some of them drink the bread and the wine because they have TRULY understood those verses in Matthew or Luke, and have said, we SHOULD BE PARTAKING OF THIS no matter what anyone says. My dad certainly felt that. I wonder if millions of JWs do to but they are too afraid to voice their opinion in threat of being disfellowshipped.

For the 'anointed' though... they just take it, and no one ever questions their authority. Why should they? The JWs say its between you and Jehovah, which i suppose it is.

Timmy xxx

• tec
    tec

If there's any XJW juice drinkers here . . the best they can do is tell you they were bullshittin' the rest of us

Only if they thought that they were somehow more elite, and that the invitation to 'eat and drink' of Christ was only for a select few, and not an invitation to ALL who wanted to be in union with Him.

Peace,

Tammy

• tec
    tec

Timothy, your dad sounds like an actual 'individual' inside the organization. Not afraid to disagree, and not a blind follower.

• sizemik
    sizemik
    Anyway, if he did partake, it would simply mean that he now has more power than all others in our hall.

I think that's probably the true motive among JW's these days . . . they have a very "elitist" heirarchial viewpoint of Christianity that only becomes completely obvious once you leave.

Good on your Dad . . . he has every right to partake as a Christian . . . and make a mockery of their mockery at the same time.

• sizemik
    sizemik
    some of them drink the bread and the wine because they have TRULY understood those verses in Matthew or Luke, and have said, we SHOULD BE PARTAKING OF THIS no matter what anyone says.

I must admit, I hadn't considered that as a motive . . . because it is a kind of rebellion against WT doctrine in a way. But if that's their true motive . . . all power to them. But they could probably find a better place than a KH to do it IMO . . . possibly those with that motive will eventually.

• xelder
    xelder

I was considering being annointed as an alternative job skill.

If I run out of work, I can partake, pioneer, and make GB within a few years

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit