The Value of a Godless World

by cantleave 109 Replies latest jw friends

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

What evidence is there to show that a moral code is evolving? It could be argued that we, society is losing its morals and is degenerating.

Slavery is mostly outlawed, women have the right to vote, are no longer property, child labor is slowly becoming a thing of the past, babies are no longer left to die if they seem weak, the mentally challenged are, for the most part, no longer hidden away as an embarassement and are enabled to be productive and happy members of society.

I can keep going, but I think those are enough examples.

• still thinking
    still thinking

slavery may be superfically outlawed...but human trafficing is alive and well and a growing problem worldwide....the mentally ill...wander our streats because we have closed down most of the facilities that used to care for them...children are murdered and abused.

what country do ou live in EP? it sounds like Eutopia

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

slavery may be superfically outlawed...but human trafficing is alive and well and a growing problem worldwide

That's why I said mostly outlawed. It's more outlawed than it was, evidence of the evolving moral code.

the mentally ill...wander our streats because we have closed down most of the facilities that used to care for them.

They have always wandered the streets. As far as the facilities go, I would not accept that without cited references. If you care to provide, please do. Otherwise, I will ignore that. However, whether or not SOME of them wander the street is not relevent to the changing moral code I referenced. They do have better treatment, more love and care availible to them than ever before.

children are murdered and abused.

Yes, they are. there will always be bad people, that doesn't change the fact that child labor is down, children being killed at childbirth for being too weak is virtually non-existent.

what country do ou live in EP? it sounds like Eutopia

Utopia? Of course not. The world is not perfect. I never said it was. It IS better, however. Evidence of an evolving moral code.

• still thinking
    still thinking

I think when we live in our safe world it is easy to believe that the rest of the world is like ours.

the reality is...it isn't. And the fact that governments claim to be addressing problems and giving solutions does not negate the fact that worldwide atrocities are still happening...for the people who live in THAT world it is not improving. And our safe world is just a facade.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

I think when we live in our safe world it is easy to believe that the rest of the world is like ours.

No one ever said the world is perfect or equal in every place. Red herring. The world is better, not perfect, and it has evolving and improving moral standards.

.for the people who live in THAT world it is not improving. And our safe world is just a facade.

Again, no one said the entire world is improving at the same rate. But it is improving despite your bleary outlook and claims of doom.

• still thinking
    still thinking

this is not a red herring EP...I am simply pointing out why you might think that the "world" has improving moral standards...when in reality it hasn't.

I don't think I have a bleary outlook or am making claims of doom...I am just accepting reality. I think you are painting a picture of how you would like the world to be.

Society is so PC that we want to "show" that we no longer accept these things that happen...but they DO still happen, only now, it's not so in the open.. so we can pretend its not happening...Human trafficing is not acceptable behaviour...but the problem is growing world wide...if it really isnt acceptable...why is the problem getting worse?

And lets call human trafficing what it is "slavery"...thought the problem had gone away? well it hasn't...they've just reinvented it and given it a new name...the same way they treat all of societies problems. Give it a new name...wow...that problem has just disappeared...the world is becoming a safer place.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

this is not a red herring EP...I am simply pointing out why you might think that the "world" has improving moral standards...when in reality it hasn't.

It is a red herring because you are attempting to divert the issue from my statement, namely that an evolving moral code has made the world better, by selecting specific examples where it hasn't inproved and projecting that onto the entire world in an attempt to show that things aren't better when, by any measurable statistic, they are.

The bad things you mention have ALWAYS existed, but today they are largely illegal and exist in much smaller numbers.

Therefore, the world is better. It's not perfect, bad things do happen. But they happen a lot less than they used to. I am sorry that bothers you so much, but it's true.

And lets call human trafficing what it is "slavery"...thought the problem had gone away? well it hasn't...they've just reinvented it and given it a new name...the same way they treat all of societies problems. Give it a new name...wow...that problem has just disappeared...the world is becoming a safer place.

And THIS is why you are so full of it. NO ONE every said it was gone. BUT it DOES happen less and less, people ARE trying to stop what remains. No matter how many wrong and incorrect things you say, no matter how many red herrings you raise, the world is better than it used to be, largely thanks to an evolving moral code.

From this point on, I will just mock you as it is 100% apparent you have zero interest in facts or hope but just want to keep going on and on about how bad the world is. If you ever talk sensibly then we can have a conversation, but since you refuse to have one, you won't get one, just derision and mockery.

• still thinking
    still thinking

I must be nice living in your world EP...carry on...don't want to burst your bubble....it seems to annoy you

From this point on, I will just mock you as it is 100% apparent you have zero interest in facts or hope but just want to keep going on and on about how bad the world is. If you ever talk sensibly then we can have a conversation, but since you refuse to have one, you won't get one, just derision and mockery.

talk about delusions of granduer

• still thinking
    still thinking
    In a statistical sense, religion is way ahead. Heck, in the bible alone more people died because of god than anyone else.

More people died of religion and people who follow those religions...NOT God

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

talk about delusions of granduer

Uh oh, still thinking is trying to spread more retarded BS. Let's see what he has to say...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit