"Mentally Diseased" are confirmed as offensive words of hate crime. Help needed, please.

by Amelia Ashton 122 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• sizemik
    sizemik

Go for it dudes . . . run with it for all it's worth

A group who feel it's discriminatory are more weighty than one

• cantleave
    cantleave

ceders check your PM

• cedars
    cedars

Thanks cantleave, I've sent you an email!

• cedars
    cedars

Hi everyone

Amelia and I are now in contact, hopefully she will be sufficiently prepared for the meeting tomorrow. In the meantime I have taken the liberty of preparing a draft press release in case things go further following the police interview.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/scandals/215922/1/Wording-of-mentally-diseased-press-release-feedback

Let me know what you think!

Cedars

• nugget
    nugget

Amelia, well done you. Do you need any brownies for the police?

what I would do is have to hand information from the watchtower which states shunning by family members is a personal choice contrasting with these articles that promote shunning and make it clear that good christians are expected to shun.

I would also make clear that since the articles make reference to minor children being Df'd that these actions may affect minors as well as adults.

Their public face is completely different to their private face. In private the advice given to members is to drive a wedge between families and to create hate and hostility.

I personally feel offended and hurt knowing that people I love are being taught to hate me. The misery being created here is dreadful to experience all because I told 2 men that the GB lied and therefore could not be god's representatives on Earth.

• cedars
    cedars

nugget - thanks for the tips. The July 15th magazine itself is a handy compendium revealing the Society's views on both apostasy AND shunning. Page 31 goes into quite a bit of detail about how parents should shun teenage children who rebel against the organisation. However, in this instance I feel it would be better to focus more on the wording of "mentally diseased", since it is this that potentially flies in the face of UK law on hate crime. However, I would appreciate your help on this if you want to PM me your email address?

I'm still anxious to hear from you trailerfitter if you're out there - you might just be the ace up our sleeve! Please get in touch!

• nugget
    nugget

Cedars sent you a pm. I agree that the main focus should be on the mentally diseased comment but I think the other statements also help to build a picture showing how the society has been conditioning members to accept the need to shun with the last article building on previous comments.

Anything the shepherding the flock book has on df'ing and being df'd for association with a df'd person also helps to build a picture.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Ceders - you have an email. If you are interested there is a Live chat on thebroadroad.com tonight at 8pm (British Summer Time).

• cedars
    cedars

Thanks cantleave - email read and replied to!

• cofty
    cofty

A friend of mine works in a youth centre. A teenager put on a CD of Celtic sectarian songs and she objected and told him to turn it off. Anybody who comes from the west of Scotland will understand the Catholic v Protestant context. The boy told his dad who phoned the poice and reported the youth worker for a hate crime.

Even though she knows the local police well on a professional basis with her job, and they knew the complaint was malicious, they still had to take her to the police station and interview her under caution. They absolutely have to take hate crime seriously. In Scotland it is even more of a hot topic at the moment with new legislation going through Parliment to combat sectarianism in football.

I would be interested in getting involved in this as well. Please let us know how it goes tomorrow. I would keep it very simple for the police (no offense to any police reading this) let the magazine speak for itself and be prepared to give some background but they are not interested in theology at this stage.

I wonder who they would charge? Would you need to to have evidence of this magazine being distributed by a particual individual? It woud be funny if they went to the KH during a meeting to seize copies of the offending magazine.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit