"Mentally Diseased" are confirmed as offensive words of hate crime. Help needed, please.

by Amelia Ashton 122 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• cedars
    cedars

FYI - here was my initial response to your criticism of my advice to Amelia. People can judge for themselves whether I was overreacting or simply expressing mild offense at your claim, and a desire to put the record straight.

Nickolas, yes you are chiming in too late, and no I don't think that people who don't believe in Jesus Christ are mentally diseased. Please withdraw that extremely ill-advised and distasteful comment. I was merely giving Amelia a way of explaining to the police the meaning of the word apostate.

What is it with you?

Your refusal to back down and decision to patronise me for being a newbie is what has dragged this on more than anything...

Also, I note you have only been on here for 11 months yourself - does the extra 10 months entitle you to belittle anyone who has just joined?

Well, you have been on here for only a little over a month. You need to be patient.

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

My dear cedars. Your newbie status has nothing to do it. I am myself a newbie within the context of the citizens of this board, some of whom have been here for more than a decade. You said my comment was "the most mind-numbingly ridiculous thing anyone's ever said to me on here" and I responded that you haven't been here all that long and that you should be patient. The unexpressed, and I thought obvious, point being a few weeks of ever is not an inordinately long period of time. Stick around. You haven't seen anything yet.

Again, with apologies to the OP for the tangent the thread has taken.

• cedars
    cedars

Thanks Nickolas, I'll let you have the last word on this if that's what you want, but I'm sending you a PM later.

Apologies to Amelia, I hope my posts on this subject have been of some help to her.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Isn't this wording used by the WTS, an affirmation of their own inherent corruption. ?

Then anyone who was once a associated member of the JWS and leaves for another religious faith is duly regarded as being " Mentally Diseased "

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

The wording used by the Watchtower is indeed insulting and it betrays a fearful response to a perceived threat. The Watchtower is under seige, mostly as a consequence of internet access to former members speaking out. Jehovah's Witnessess are being made to feel fearful of the demon advance and are using avoidance and aversion heaped upon them by the leadership.

But is it a hate crime? I dunno. Does it have the potential to generate hateful behaviour, yes I certainly think so, although I do not know if it will be any more hateful than the behaviour already sanctioned by higher courts - and by this I mean within the American context, since this is where the brains and strategists of the Watchtower and the main legal entity itself reside. Shunning is allowed under current law. Ignoring your children, turning your back on your best friend and pretending he is dead, refusing to talk to your siblings for the rest of their lives is all hateful behaviour. But it is still allowed. Society allows an inordinate amount of leeway for organised religion to practice what they earnestly believe all in the name of freedom of religion. I've cited him before, but that 55-year-old NYC mohel who infected hundreds of boys with genital herpes, at least three of whom died, is a prime example of what Society will allow. Whether or not he knew he was infected while he sucked the severed foreskins off infant boys and spat them out into a bloody pot does not seem to matter. What matters is it is a staunchly defended religious practice that the authorities refuse to meddle with and it continues on today.

What's the test for hate crime for the Watchtower? I ask the question without rhetoric. There are a few lawyers on this board who might chime in. There has to be a point at which Society says enough.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Particular religions like WTS/JWS should be seen as a organizational hate crime in itself in the way that if any single person or organization that does

not solemnly support the assertions or proclamations made by the WTS, are deemed evil or in WTS wording mentally diseased.

In the ancient Hebrew laws of if a person were to object to the teachings of the high priests, they could very well have that person taken out

and stoned to death. Similar to the laws of Allah and the Islamic faith. The killing of the infidels continues to this day.

Religion is a game of power for men and as its shown with the WTS/JWS a game of commerce.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

The 1st Amendment of the US Constitution does not afford absolute freeness of speech. It does not, for example, protect an individual against slander, libel or inciting a riot or the overthrowing of the government.

From what little I've been able to glean, there is a fine balance between the protection afforded to an individual by the 1st Amendment with the protection that should be available to a victim by hateful speech.

It will be interesting to see how this shakes out.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

BTW, wouldn't one actually have to be a licensed psychiatrist or something to diagnose someone as "mentally diseased"? And even then I'm guessing that's not a real medical term, but just a bunch of WT hate-hooey!

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

People who have a high level of intellect and a strong educational background, who are quite easily capable of seeing

what a organizational fraud the WTS. publishing corporation is, would also be considered mentally diseased.

• Pams girl
    Pams girl

Anyone remember the film Nemo?

We ALL need to swim down...........

TOGETHER

Because TOGETHER we are stronger. The WTBTS is failing..lets stay on the same page?

Thanks to everybody who tried to make a difference, however small, by bringing this to the attention of the police. Im going to have a chat next time I see Mummatron, to see if we can do anything in our neck of the woods.

Paula

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit