"Mentally Diseased" are confirmed as offensive words of hate crime. Help needed, please.

by Amelia Ashton 122 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

Thank you for that clarification, nugget. I of course agree that scripture is irrelevant to the conversation and it would have been ill-advised to even bring it up.

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

Hi Cantleave on Nugget's computer. Thanks again for today and thanks for doing the dishes too. Just to clarify, I am now atheist but my current beliefs about God and Christ were not my motivation for initially contacting the police. The issue for me was being labelled "mentally diseased" by a group of people purely because I stopped going to their meetings. I saw I was not protected by current legislation as being part of a recognisable targetable minority group.

• Amelia Ashton
  • Nickolas
    Nickolas

The perception of mental disease is relative. Some say, and I have a tendency to agree, that every one of us is crazy. It is just a matter of degree. For those who might object I offer the observation that those who are crazy don't know they're crazy, but they are still capable of detecting logical aberration in others. Pot and kettle and all that. I am convinced that what Jehovah's Witnesses believe is delusional, and delusion is nothing if not mental illness. If delusional people believe that I am delusional because I do not believe what they do, then what am I to do except smile and go on my way?

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

The wording itself (Mentally diseased) is really inappropriate and bad wording, an attack full of vindictive Ad hominem.

One could easy turn the table around at the WTS and call them mentally diseased people for the things they've been saying and proclaiming

in the last century, might even fairly said justifiable.

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

That is indeed the point, thetrueone. The Watchtower calling those who oppose it "mentally diseased" is a case of the pot calling the kettle black. The Watchtower is mentally diseased. It should be no surprise that they manifest paranoid and delusional behaviour when confronted by those who oppose them. They're unravelling.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

The game of power isn't sustainable or enduring unless you have pressing initiatives to protect that acquired power.

Many men have this said power of god in their hands and maintain that power with complete diverse variance.

• Phigment2
    Phigment2

I don't think this falls under the first amendment. The first amendment protects speech, but speech that is used to cause potential harm to another human being or group is hate speech.

• 3Mozzies
    3Mozzies

Well done Amelia

• sizemik
    sizemik
    speech that is used to cause potential harm to another human being or group is hate speech. . . . Phigment2

This is an important angle that needs to be emphasised also . . . ie; the context in which the term "mentally diseased" is used . . . and it's intended result.

The WT article makes it quite clear how this term is to be interpreted and applied . . . to descriminate against a particular group of people on the basis of religious belief . . . or to behave in a way which is hateful . . . ie; to treat others as if they have a contagious disease.

There's more to consider than just the use of the term itself . . . there is the obvious intent . . . maybe you can press that angle?

We all know someone in the UK is going to get insulted with the WBT$ "Mentally Diseased" Label.. . . . OUTLAW

Why wait? . . . just approach the next JW you see and ask them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit