I am officially sick of hearing the WBT$'s brand name for god = Jehovah!

by punkofnice 57 Replies latest jw friends

• sizemik
    sizemik
    I NEVER called my Dad by his first name as that would have been utter disrespect.

Once upon a time . . . a loud voice from heaven resounded like thunder over Brooklyn NY, shaking the ground and rattling windows as it boomed . . .

"Mr God to you sonny!"

• TimothyT
    TimothyT

Haha... Thats a good argument!

I remember my brother and I went through a phase of calling our dad by his first name which he didnt mind whatsoever. One day a sister heard my brother say it, and she stopped him and said, "excuse me be thats very disrespectful!" My dad, being the kind of guy he is, said to her, "Hold on a second, you call our father in the heavens by his first name. Is that not also very disrespectful, if not even more disrespectful?" How do you answer that? I suppose its interesting to note hoe Jesus reminded us to pray... Our father, who is in the heavens...

Timmy xxx

• ambersun
    ambersun

Re: I am officially sick of hearing the WBT$'s brand name for god = Jehovah!

ME TOO!!!

The average JW conversation consists of Jehovah this, Jehovah that blah blah yadda yadda Jehovah Jehovah. AAAHHHH!!!

Me and hubby were at a family gathering recently and the topics of conversation had been refreshingly neutral until someone produced some photos of a recent vacation. Among the photos was one of a plaque with the tetragrammaton, taken from inside a well known cathedral. The usual smug comments ensued. "There it is, Jehovah for all to see. They can't say they don't know Jehovah's name when it is there in front of them"

In case anyone is wondering, no we did not bother pointing out these were just four consonants with no vowels which almost certainly would not have been pronounced "Jehovah", as it is something that is totally inconceivable to them and there would have been absolutely no point other than to upset them which we did not want to do.

• cantleave
    cantleave

When "Jehovah" was used as a full stop in prayers, I used to get really wound-up.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Wobble - Just remember to lift your legs when she 'hoovers' your end of the sofa!

sizemik - That'll be in the watchtower soon, now you've said that. The JW snooper for the GB will tell them!

Timmy - You are truly 'on-line' mate!

ambersun - They love their logical fallacies don't they. 'Appeal to fear' and 'appeal to authority'. I pity them. Surely they must feel deep inside they're being sycophantic in a meaningless way?!?!!?

• trailerfitter
    trailerfitter

The JWs liked the name JEHOVAH so much they incerted it into their own little bible 270 time more than it should be!!!! lol Elohim. the Lord, el. YHWY...blah blah blah!

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

cantleave - We had a geezer that used to keep repeating 'O Jehovah, dear Jehovah' like a scratched record. Sadly he died..............before I could bleedin' well strangle him

trailerfitter - Too true blue, too true!

• trailerfitter
    trailerfitter

PON... My dearly beloved wife annoys me with the words "read the bible" "the bible says,,....." "BIBILE""" BIBLE" ...

ARGHHHHGGHHGHGH!!

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Trailerfitter - My Mrs says that same thing without listening to me when I say : 'I have and it's different towhat the watchtower says it says!'

She uses 'read the Bible' but doesn't specify which scripture to look at.

They forget this ----

“They say that it is sufficient to read the bible exclusively, either alone or in small groups at home. But, strangely, through such ‘Bible reading,’ they have reverted right back to the apostate doctrines that commentaries by Christendom’s clergy were teaching 100 years ago…”The Watchtower, August 15, 1981, pp. 28-29

• hotspur
    hotspur

What puzzles me is that Jesus stated unequivocally that he "had made his (Father's) name known" and, yet, I never found a single scripture where he is quoted as using it... Ponderous

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit