I am officially sick of hearing the WBT$'s brand name for god = Jehovah!

by punkofnice 57 Replies latest jw friends

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

hotspur - The WBT$ capitalizes on what the Bible DOESN'T say more than what it DOES say.

Cambridgeshire? You live near me then?

• sizemik
    sizemik
    cantleave - We had a geezer that used to keep repeating 'O Jehovah, dear Jehovah' like a scratched record.

I guess there's one in every congo . . . at least one.

I had one in my Bookstudy that used it like a punctuation mark . . . if his prayer lasted a minute he would say it 20 times at least . . . usually they were longer. Sadly he was one of only 3 brothers allowed to close or open . . . and he always turned up . . . and always stared at me at prayer time.

I think it contributed to me finally going insane and becoming mentally diseased.

• Pams girl
    Pams girl

Jesus said "When you pray, pray this way...our FATHER......"

Yet they never use the "Model prayer" as they call it. My ex-study teacher never gave me a satisfactory explanation for that.

The more I learn about this cult, the more I realise I was being brain washed. Cant believe I was ever that stupid.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    P Sac says it is a popular name,I would disagree, it is familiar to English speaking people,but they don't actually like it, and few of them like the JW's.

I said that is the excuse/reason given by those that do use and KNOW the history of the term and why it is, at core, incorrect.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    doesnt say it is the name Jehovah though does it?

That is the point I was trying to make.

How can one call oneself a "bible student" and disregard/be ignorant of one of the KEY passages in the NT?

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

sizemik - Using the brand name as punctuation. Yes, I've heard this. They can FULL STOP as far as I'm concerned!

Pams girl - Hey, Paula....I'm singing that song again.......Your teacher didn't give a satisfactory answer? Ooooh, what a bleedin' surprise....NOT HEHEHEHEHEHE

PSac - The WBT$ capitalizes on what ISN'T in the Bible more than what's in it don't they?!!!?!?

• TimothyT
    TimothyT

Yes... well its clear to me the more i read the bible that the WTS LOVESSSSSSSSSSS to disregard context. And Punk... when you hear bros and sis, eg. your wife telling you to read the bible, that kind of thing would pi55 me off a fair bit.

Before i wanted closure on my situation with the org, i remember my dad saying to me, that even though neither of us are perfect in Gods eyes, he firmly believes that we both had a better understanding of the bible than ANY JW, for the simple reason that we read it in context. I hate seeing scriptures taken out of context and used for purposes not intended. I also hate the old Watchtower studies which are topical and pull scriptures from any old book of the bible to say what the GB want it to say. In reality, reading the bible is not enough - UNDERSTANDING and APPLYING it properly is what is important.

As regards the name Jehovah, i have now idea if its his name, just the same as i dont know if Jesus name is correct. I think though, in reality, a name is a name... its the person BEHIND the name which is important. Back then names were used to describe the person (i think).

Timmy xxx

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Tim - O Don't get me started on scriptures out of context! Hot potato!

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    PSac - The WBT$ capitalizes on what ISN'T in the Bible more than what's in it don't they?!!!?!?

If a bible student is taught that salvation is in the bible, then you'd think they'd want to take their own salvation into theri own hands and actually READ the bible themselves, no?

Someone onces accused JW's of being "intellectualy lazy" but I think at times it is more a case of "theologically lazy" or even "biblically lazy".

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

PSac - I love going to my Baptist Church here in the UK. A passage of scripture is read, then it is explained in context by the Pastor. The whole service gives me a buzz, a high that I never ever felt in any kingdumb hell or A$$€m ? £ i€$.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit