What can I do when I feel i can't keep going....

by Free!! 43 Replies latest jw friends

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Being an anarchic punk rocker I'm not very good with advice. I think many of us have felt like you describe.

Alls I can gives ya is a Rudyard Kipling poem what does the business for me...........

IF

IF you can keep your head when all about you
    Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,
    If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,
    But make allowance for their doubting too;
    If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
    Or being lied about, don't deal in lies,
    Or being hated, don't give way to hating,
    And yet don't look too good, nor talk too wise:

If you can dream - and not make dreams your master;
    If you can think - and not make thoughts your aim;
    If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
    And treat those two impostors just the same;
    If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
    Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
    Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
    And stoop and build 'em up with worn-out tools:

If you can make one heap of all your winnings
    And risk it on one turn of pitch-and-toss,
    And lose, and start again at your beginnings
    And never breathe a word about your loss;
    If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
    To serve your turn long after they are gone,
    And so hold on when there is nothing in you
    Except the Will which says to them: 'Hold on!'

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
    ' Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch,
    if neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you,
    If all men count with you, but none too much;
    If you can fill the unforgiving minute
    With sixty seconds' worth of distance run,
    Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
    And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

find a doctor and tell him you want bupropion.

• Cadellin
    Cadellin

Free, I went through the same thing when I was waking up a few years ago. I saw a therapist--a good, competent therapist--and she got me on Zoloft. A very low dose, I might add, but oh, wow, what a difference it made. Any doctor worth her salt will take your symptoms seriously and get you on meds if you need them. There's no shame in it. My depression is caused by a seratonin deficiency. If you have something like that, all the homemade measures in the world MAY NOT be enough to help. That's not to say they can't help somewhat, but it may not be enough.

Physical activity is also a huge boost. Take your dogs, get outside, and run until you sweat and think you'll die from the pain. Then walk for a while. Then run again. Do this until you're exhausted. Oh, get yourself some good running shoes. REgular exercise releases endorphins which make you feel so much better. Plus, you firm up and end up looking great, which makes you feel better all the way around. Plus, your dogs will love you for it!

You might also want to try yoga. I think another poster suggested meditation. Well, yoga is like meditation along with body movements and its really fantastic for feeling good about yourself.

Take care of yourself, please. You are the only you you'll ever have! And we care, here on the board. We do.

• Cadellin
    Cadellin

Talesin, I'd forgotten how much I love Desiderata. Thank you for posting that.

• cult classic
    cult classic

Free !! -

Depression has to be tackled from all sides to make sure you hunt down the cause and beat it. Other than that, I don't have much to add; such good advice from everyone.

I've been there too.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I concur with the advice that you find a new doctor and/or therapist and get medication and counseling again. It isn't the counselor that helps you, it is you talking to the counselor that helps you work through your issues. If counseling alone hasn't worked, then medication is a likely necessary step.

And knowing that people care about you. Look at the love in this thread and it's only on page two.

• Ding
    Ding

Hi Free,

How much of this do you think is WT or WT-withdrawal related?

If you think it might help you to vent via PM, feel free to PM me.

• unshackled
    unshackled

Hi Free!!...there's already great advice on here, so I'll just add in again that you are definitely not alone. Hang in there and don't let them take the fight out of you.

Plus...thought I'd pass along this short vid that kinda made my day. Remember: there's always hope because people do care about you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHS3GL7Ynz8&feature=related

• still thinking
    still thinking

How are you feeling today Free!!

Have you managed to take any little steps?

• Free!!
    Free!!

Thanks everyone for everything.... I am feeling a little bit better today... i had to go to work and that kept me entertained, i am back home now, i get a little down once i get back to the house by myself... but my doggies are doing at keeping me busy....

I have no motivation for anything so the exercise/ all the other activities are going to have to wait, the 1st i need to do is find a doctor... i am actively looking for one.....

Ding, i dont know how much of it is WT related... i don't miss the nosiness and mind control but i am not going to lie, i do miss the people, i miss being surrounded by nice people... regardless of that, now i realize it was all an ilusion and they were my conditional friends....

Unshackled.... WOW!!! watching that video really made me feel better about humankind.... what they did is amazing... there is people who care out there....

Still thinking... thanks for asking.. i am working on it... @ least today i am not crying! :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit