Theological Arguments, Human Realities

by AllTimeJeff 161 Replies latest jw friends

• bohm
    bohm

Designs: Mighty strange. Here is my guess:

Sulla was born in. He quickly rose through the ranks and became a MS at age 4. Then he stumbled upon a book full of deep, serious, theology written by deep, serious scholars, and after spending a 3 dayes learning latin he understood the deep, serious things of the trinity and left the watchtower.

• Sulla
    Sulla

Not sure why you feel the need to be such a dick, bohm. But if I point out that smart guys have been thinking about the Trinity for a long time and that, therefore, we shouldn't be so hasty to dismiss their viewpoints, why does that irritate you so?

• designs
    designs

Go Sulla...who will now dance around avoiding the simple question asked

• bohm
    bohm

Sulla, its really awsome you just happened to find the one version of the trinity which was not very weak!

its to bad we are to dumb for you to share it with us.

but dont let that stand in your way for telling us we are to dumb and unworthy to hear about the one true trinity!

• bohm
    bohm

Sulla: Sorry i was mean. There exist irrefutable arguments against the trinity, and i am surpriced that a person like you are not aware of them. Therefore i think its quite strange you are even bringing up the trinity, because the trinity (all versions) has been shown irrefutable to be wrong.

• designs
    designs

The Force is strong with this one...

• Sulla
    Sulla

Jeff: Sulla, the problem with theology is that in it's purest form, it is nothing more then mental masturbation. I am really glad you get off on how much you think you know about your invisible god. It's your god, so it's your rules.

Heh. I know people who say the same thing about mathematics. They don't know what the hell they are talking about, either.

Jeff: I believe that I am exhausting you because you seem very intent on making this conversation about me and my education, which you know little about. Do you know? You don't know me, nor do I care to defend where I come from. If I don't know what I am talking about, that will be plain. If you know what you are talking about, that will also be plain.

I promise I don't give a shit about your education. What bothers me is that you haven't learned enough about a subject like the Trinity to have any sort of opinion worth listening to, but that this does not stop you from spouting your opinion. It's like someone who never studied math past basic algebra insisting that it is illogical to say there are more irrational numbers than there are rational ones, and who then gets pissy when somebody tells him he's just being stupid. In fact, that's not a bad analogy, since a mathematical dispute like the one I just mentioned simply can't be engaged in because one guy doesn't even have the level of understanding required to have an intelligent discussion.

Jeff: I absolutely disagree that Christianity is the true religion. There are many beneficial points to other religions in the world, and other views of spirituality.

This is what I mean when I say you aren't very smart. Who ever said there are no beneficial points to religions other than Christianity? Not me, that's for sure.

Jeff: I dont' want to insult other Trinitarians or Catholics by coming across as attacking their religion. If you and others respect Aquinas among others, then that is fine. Name dropping Catholic theologians who have been dead for hundreds of years means nothing. Unfortunately, you also think that reading theologians means nothing.

• designs
    designs

Now was that the Fox Trot or the Miranga that Sulla just pulled...

• bohm
    bohm

hat bothers me is that you haven't learned enough about a subject like the Trinity to have any sort of opinion worth listening to, but that this does not stop you from spouting your opinion.

Spoken by a person who has never studied the litterature which refute the trinity!

• Sulla
    Sulla

I'm sorry, designs, but would you mind telling me which burning question I am supposed to be avoiding?

Bohm, that "one version of the Trinity" ... You are referring to the orthodox teaching established in the 4th century and accepted by the Orthodox, Catholics, Protestants, and Evangelicals? That one version? As for y'all being too dumb for me to share it with you, I must point out to you that I happen to agree with ATJ on the question: discussions about the Trinity are usually a waste of time on this sort of forum.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit