So where were you Sep 11,2001

by Found Sheep 66 Replies latest members private

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

We had not long moved to Australia from New Zealand, around 3 months.

This night I was up late, on my own, watching Star Trek Enterprise & the program was interrupted with the news that an plane had flown into one of the towers, then TV went back to the program I was watching, but kept the news banner/ticker running at the bottom of the screen, with up to the minute feeds. As soon as the program finished which was only a few minutes, all programing changed & everychannel was giving full coverage to what was unfolding.

I sat there watching in shock & disbelief until about 4am and when i did go to bed my mind kept plaing over what I had seen on the TV.

I was still going to the meetings but irregular, I didn't think that this was the beginning of the end, as so many JWs were saying (much like the 1st Gulf war), I couldn't see how this event could lead to such a thing as there are many more likely events in history that could lead to such a thing e.g. ww1, ww2, Korean war etc.

It was truelly a very sad day for America & the World

My thoughts are with all people who lost family, friends & loved ones

Kevin

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

We were in bed, just waking up. I had the clock radio set to turn on at five minutes before the hour, when the morning news comes on. The lead story was about a plane crashing into the World Trade Center and a large fire, so I turned on the TV to hear more--just in time to see the second plane strike the other tower. Before it was time to leave for work, one tower had already fallen.

About the only useful thing we did at work that day was to hang a flag on the wall in the hallway, I think our former Navy Chief production manager brought it in. It's still hanging in the same place today.

• Bella15
    Bella15

I was at work and happened to be in the trading floor where there were monitors all over and we were able to see everything live like millions or billions of people all over the world.

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

At home, my daughter called and told me what happened as I didn't have TV on.

Little did we know that exactly one year later 9-11-02 we would find out hubby only had 6 months to live. He hadn't even been sick.

So 9-11 is a horrible date to me..

Snoozy

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

I was between jobs, I was living with my parents. My Mom told me about it at home when the news break out on CNN. I was attending the meetings at that time.

• Band on the Run
  • OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

When 1995 came and "the end" wasn't so close as "within the next couple of years," I decided I needed a career in this system-of-things, so I could retire and die in this system-of-things.

I was already an emergency worker on the job that day in September. I was ready to do the same thing that those brave men and women in NYC did. I was watching the whole thing on the television. I missed the second building collapse because we had to respond to some emergency where someone had a psychiatric emergency while watching the same thing on television.

Many people get that, given the circumstances, the emergency workers had to go in and get people out. It's what they do/did.

• Simon Morley
    Simon Morley

I recall saying to myself that this was probably the begining of the end. I kept working that morning wondering if we would fly out on a vacation on the 14th. Soon it was not the end as we were misled to believe (resulting increase in WTB$ coffers went up I recall). I really began wondering if there was going to be an end at all in fall of 2001. I remember vividly in the airport on the 14th (shocked to think we flew out three days later) and thinking where would I really like to go? The answer was plain - September 10th. 2001.

• Found Sheep
  • Married to the Mob
    Married to the Mob

I was working at a rail depot in west london overseeing the installation of some new systems. I remember someone mentioning it and getting little to no information as all the news sites had crashed.

Heading home was very quiet as most people left london early that day fearing the city was next.

When I got home I watched it on TV and it was almost like watching a disaster movie. Didn't seem real but it was........

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit