So where were you Sep 11,2001

by Found Sheep 66 Replies latest members private

• Found Sheep
  • designs
    designs

Got a call from a longtime JW friend who is a long haul trucker telling me to turn on the TV, saw the second plane go into the Tower.

• Shador
    Shador

I was at work. I remember like it was yesterday. Our department had just been moved to a new floor and we had no copier. I had gone up to the next floor to make a copy of something. While standing there, waiting for the copier to warm up, I overheard someone saying that a plane had crashed into the Pentagon. Within an hour, a company-wide e-mail had gone out about the situation, and all the TVs in the building were tuned to the news. I remember my reaction being stunned disbelief. Also, some worry. I worked for a banking company and we were then located in McLean, VA, which is not that far outside D.C.

Then, of course, within a week, I was using it as a talking point at the doors, like a good little borg.

• Mary
    Mary

I was at work. One of my co-workers came to my office and said "a plane hit the World Trade Center". At the time, I thought she was talking about a little one seater plane and figured it must have been foggy and it crashed accidentally into the tower. I said "that's awful!" and went back to work. About twenty minutes later, she came back and said "Oh my god another plane hit the other tower!" I said "what the hell is going on? What kind of planes are these?" She said "I think they're like 747's".

I was stunned and we knew something bad was happening so we grabbed the keys to the Council Room which looked like a smaller version of the UN room: oval and with several huge screen up on the wall. We turned everything on and watched what was happening. At first it was just the three of us, but then other employees started filtering in. No one was talking and we all just sat there and watched it unfold. When the first tower fell, it was like watching a scene out of Independence Day. Several people started to cry. We didn't get any work done and we just sat there horrified as the second tower fell. I will never forget that day as long as I live.......

• Berengaria
    Berengaria

I was getting ready for work with the news on too. It seemed at first like a bad accident, but .................

My children were on Dad week, so were not home. They stayed home from school.

I was beside myself at work. We had the radio on in the back room, and I just could not believe we were actually continuing our normalish day.

• GLTirebiter
  • CAL69
    CAL69

I was working as an EMT and finishing off a 24 hour shift at our station in Downtown LA. It was just before 6:00 am when our relief crew came in to wake us up and told us that a plane had just flown into the WTC. We all gathered around the TV and our jaws dropped when we saw the second plane hit the South Tower. Someone in the room said something about terrorism, someone else mentioned World War 3 but I just couldn’t fathom the fact that I had just witnessed the moment when hundreds of people died. Unfortunately it was only the beginning…10 years ago today.

• designs
    designs

The names of the 3000 lost are being read this morning. US Men and women fight a War in a foreign country against a Fundamentalism who sheltered and supported a Terrorist and his followers. Democracy is taking hold in the Arab World. This is our Time.

• designs
    designs

Paul Simon singing Sounds of Silence this morning at Ground Zero, please find and listen.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

I was asleep (California) when a friend called and screamed "turn on the television - the US is under attack"

Her sister lives in the sight-line of the WTC and had called her right away

Very shocking, we wondered what would happen next. I remember just watching in disbelief.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit