So where were you Sep 11,2001

by Found Sheep 66 Replies latest members private

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

Thank you all for your stories. It brings chills to me knowing that day changed the lives of everyone.

• Mr. Falcon
    Mr. Falcon

http://www2.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/18257/1/Another-WT-lie-from-Ground-Zero

I was the first JW climbing through the rubble handing out magazines. Like a boss.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Caught what was happening on the news in the morning (TV) then went to work, a bit shocked at first, thinking holy shit what a way to commit suicide

in a very big way.

Then the other plane hit the second tower and then it came apparent that this was a deliberate act of terrorism by some unknown group of people.

As I was renovating the outside of house right by the major airport in Vancouver, I purposely turned on a radio on the job to listen to what was

transpiring.

When it announced that all airline traffic was being shut down completely in Canada and the US, I thought to myself this really is a big deal.

I could see the planes land where I was, one after another all gathered together on the tarmac. The thought came about well is this the start

of some unexpected war ? Seeing those buildings collapse as they did and watching it live was truly shocking to say the least.

One usually sees these kind of events in movies, but no this was real and it was both shocking and devastating of a thing to openly witness.

One rarely sees these things live as it happens and I think thats why watching it intensified its potential shock value as high as it did.

• Joliette
    Joliette

I was in college and had an off day. I didnt realize how bad it was until a few days later. I was in my parents basement, watching music videos.

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR

Asleep. It was nearly 6 AM PDT. I sleep with the radio on, and I heard the morning FM DJs speaking in elevated and excited tones. When I fully awoke I heard them talking about a horrible "accident" that a plane had flown into one of the WTC towers. I jumped out of bed, donned my bathrobe and dashed to the front room, and turned on the TV. What I saw made me ill. I saw the second plane slam into the other WTC tower. I'll never forget that image, ever.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

I was at work. I didn't see a television until after 6pm UK time but was listening to the radio. I could not believe that the towers had collapsed, it seemed impossible to me.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

I worked for the largest tenant of the World Trade Center, but I worked in their midtown offices and we did have some people down their that day for a meeting. Believe it or not being the largest firm we lost the least amount of people. PBS even did a documentary on the head of security, Rick Rescorla, a few months after the attacks, by the way, he "went down with the ship" so to speak.

What baffles me about that is after the first attack in 1994 my firm put in place a plan for evacuation just in case another attack happened, it shouldve been across the board for all tenants at WTC to use the same tactics, but apparently I guess they didn't think it was necessary. Hinsight is no good in this case.

• Ding
    Ding

I was at home.

I hardly ever watch TV in the morning but for some reason I switched it on.

They were talking about a plane hitting the WTC and I saw the second plane hit.

Watching the towers collapse was surreal.

It wasn't some made-for-TV disaster film.

I was actually watching thousands of people die.

• flipper
    flipper

I remember it just like it was yesterday. I had just finished up cleaning some early morning offices I did in my business . After I walked into a supermarket /coffee shop I noticed adult men and women hugging each other and crying ! About 10 people were doing this and I wondered WTF ? Then I asked someone what was wrong and they told me about the planes crashing into the World trade center & the attacks on the Pentagon . There was a T.V. near by and then tower # 2 got struck. I sat there watching with my jaw dropped .

At the time I was in a DFed state and had not lost my mind controlled state either at that time. So I was quite sure this was the start of Armageddon . So after that I started going back to meetings until the spring of 2002 when I got reinstated. Fortunately I left the Witnesses for good in December 2003 as I saw so much injustice and abusive treatment in the cult experiencing it firsthand. And with it I lost my mind controlled state. The blinders came off in a very big way.

But later that day on 9/11 I set several candles out on my front porch of my apartment ( was single at the time ) as a candlelight vigil to the deceased and for those who lost loved ones. It affected me deeply as I thought of all those wives who would never see their husbands again or husbands who lost their wives. And to think of the children who lost their parents - or parents losing children ? It was beyond comprehension what pain and agony these people were going through losing loved ones.

I feel it's good to reflect on this 10 years later in order to appreciate the living loved ones we have in our life and recognize that so many people don't have loved ones anymore - they're dead. And it's good to reflect that 10 years later- there is STILL no Armageddon. Which shows how much fear the WT society instilled in us to be scared every day of our lives. I'm no longer scared. The WT society " Big Brother " was wrong - there IS no Armageddon to fear . Much love to any of you and all who were touched personally by these losses of 9/11 . I think it made me tart valuing every day life so much more as the years passed

• sweet pea
    sweet pea

Besty and I were in town picking up holiday photos from our anniversary holiday in Prague. I heard on the shop radio that a plane had gone in to the WTC but just imagined it to be a small bi-plane or something and felt sorry for the pilot/passenger/s but thought no more of it than that. On walking past the television shops I caught sight of the images of what a plane crash into the WTC really looked like and was shocked, met Besty at the pub (as he refuses to do anything resembling shopping) and we watched the whole thing live. When the towers came down it really felt like someone had knocked the breath out of you.

Strangely, I can't remember thinking about the imminence of Armageddon or anything to do with God, it was just one more Ecclesiastes moment - time and unforeseen occurrence . . .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit