Im disfellowshipped

by newcomer1982 45 Replies latest jw experiences

• discreetslave
    discreetslave

I'm sorry for your pain but this is a good thing. The JW religion is a fraud and the love there is conditional. You can now find people who will love you unconditionally. The old is cleared away to make room for better things. You no longer just have to exist you can live.

I hope your parents will wake up. It's so sad to see families broken but they are choosing to deaden their natural affection for you and it will be their loss.

I've sent you a PM

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

WTWizard -

What you ought to do is make sure, to the best of your ability, that your son never sees the inside of a Kingdumb Hell or gets dragged into that religion any more.

Couldn't have said it better.

I do the bonus ball at work (UK lottery based). I pay £1.00 a week on a regular number and I've already made more than I paid in. Today I got £49.00. It feels good.

I'm not saying go gambling but just illustrating what WTWizard said - enjoy life. Enjoy non dub things that give life meaning!!

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

I feel guilty for hurting my parents. They cant talk to me now

Now this simply is not true. They CAN talk to you. They choose not to. Search to be grateful that you will save your son from such a destructive cult.

You may need to do some healthy reading now. A lot of the members here are greatly helped by Steve Hassan's work. His book Combatting Cult Mind Control seems to have helped many. I didn't read it myself, but I wasn't born in, and so far, haven't felt the need. I DID read Crisis of Conscience By Ray Franz, and that did a lot to open up the secret dealing of the cult. Once you look at the man behind the curtain, he loses all of his power. Now what could you have done that was so horrible??? Did you kill someone? Kidnap someone? Hurt someone?

I suspect it may have had something to do with a relationship. Are you really so evil that even talking to you puts one in danger??? I'm not scared of you. JW's have no perspective. They treat all "crimes" the same. The serial killer get's the same punishment as the teenager who engages in some heavy makeout session. Marrying without being "scripturally free" carries the same penalty that slaughtering babies does. Think about that! Does that make sense? Develop your critical thinking, and you'll start to understand how ludicrous all of this is. Take Care---Keep Posting. We'll show you the man behind the curtain, and he's silly, and he's weak, and he's petty, and he has no power. NC Sorry for the format issues. It seems to be stuck.
  • Adiva
    Adiva

I don't think I could top the advice you've already been given. Everyone is right. It's painful but, you get through it. And there is life, wonderful, wonderful life after the watchtower. Such people you'll now be able to be friends with; people who won't judge you and love and accept you for the awesome individual you really are. Your son will grow up with just the usual stuff kids have to deal with growing up, without the unusual amount of guilt jw kids are forced to swallow.

Give yourself sometime. Love yourself!

Adiva

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

newcomer;

just start enjoying your life.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I would like to add my congratulations.

Just in case this message got lost in the shuffle, get to a library or bookstore and read:

Combating Cult Mind Control by Steve Hassan

and

Crisis of Conscience by Raymond Franz

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers
    Did you kill someone? Did you steal something? Did you physically hurt someone? Did you cheat on your spouse?

Even if you did, that's between you and the law and/or God. And parents are supposed to stand with their kids in times of trouble. What could your son do to make you turn against him? Think about it.

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

Congratulations, and what most have said pretty much somes it up.

Take care

Just noticed:

My 1500th post

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

Sorry to hear about this. A Poster on this site provide me with this WT article that I found helpful. It is the August 1, 1974 article.

I know that you would be encouraged, if you got a copy of it, and read it. It explains the relationship between your family, and it allows some communication to continue. It would help if you got your family to read it as well.

Lately, the WT has been very harsh with their members about the DF. Don't despair, this will work out.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Congratulations!

Once you figure out that the watchtower is a f'ing cult you will realize how lucky you are.

We have all gone through the pain you suffer now, but there is light on the other side. There really is.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit