Im disfellowshipped

by newcomer1982 45 Replies latest jw experiences

• newcomer1982
    newcomer1982

Think it was announced yesterday that im disfellowshipped. Will these feelings of guilt and panic ever go away? My head is so messed up. My son has even been affected. Can anyone give me advice?

• cantleave
    cantleave

Congratualtions. What are you feeling guilty about? You surely know that the WTS is a false prophet?!

• newcomer1982
    newcomer1982

I was born as a witness and its been all ive known. I feel guilty for hurting my parents. They cant talk to me now. I live in a small town and yesterday saw a witness and now im being totally ignored. Its such a horrible feeling. Wish i could move away but i cant.

• JRK
    JRK

Wanna talk? I will pm you my phone number, or you can pm me yours.

JK

• cantleave
    cantleave

I hate to sound hard nosed about this, your parents have rejected you, not you them.

They can talk to you if they so choose. You have they the choice to follow whatever belief system you want, they do to. It is hard to be rejected by your parents, but keep doing what you can to maintain contact. Maintian the high moral ground, they may one day realise that they are the ones acting improperly.

• cantleave
    cantleave

You have a PM

• newcomer1982
    newcomer1982

This is going to sound stupid but what is a pm?

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

You are not guilty of hurting your parents.

Raising you in a religion that treats it's non-believing children badly was their choice, not yours.

To make it worse, it was a church with a history of prophetic failures. What were they thinking? Did they just hope you would never find out? or that you wouldn't care? or would never read your Bible and apply it's warnings to their church?

It was a gamble, and it didn't pay off.

Now they have to decide what price they will pay for their allegiance to this church. They can talk to you. There is nothing to stop them. It is their choice.

We didn't ask our parents to raise us in this cult. We were just innocent children.

Repeat after me:

I am not guilty.

I am not guilty.

I am not guilty.

I am not guilty.

I am not guilty.

Chris

• Pams girl
    Pams girl

Welcome to the forum, we can help you through this difficult time. You are free....make new friends, go out, and I can assure you, those feelings WILL pass. The "friends" you had inside the organisation can only offer you conditional love. Love isnt about that.

If you wish to continue reading the Bible, may I suggest you find another copy that suits you. There are Christians, Agnostics, Athiests, Pagans and everything in between on this forum, and the occasional monkey.........and of course, hundreds of ex-JWs who have managed to escape and go on to live happy fullfilled lives........please know you are not alone in this. Keep posting. This hurt will pass.

Much love, Paula x

• JRK
    JRK

Hey, A pm is the envelope by your name on the right corner of your screen, Click on the envelope and you will see private messages to you. You sometimes have to click on it several times to get messages to open. I hope this helps.

JK

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit