WT Nov. 1, 2011 (public) - When Was Ancient Jerusalem Destroyed - Part 2

by AnnOMaly 322 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Alleymom
    Alleymom

Adelmo --

Welcome to the board!

Just to clarify, I wrote to Dr. Sack last month and asked for permission to scan pages from his Neriglissar book and post them, but I never said I was from the "Archaeological Institute of America," and I do not have a webpage.

He says he has heard from a lot of people, so maybe he remembers that I aked for permission to scan pages from the Neriglissar book but has mis-remembered the bit about the "Archeological Institute of America." I'll have to go back and look up the email I sent to him -- perhaps I mentioned that my husband used to work for Biblical Archaeology Review, and that is what he is thinking of.

Marjorie

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

You can lead a Witness to water, but you can't make them think

Thanks to DesirousOfChange

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

I just got the Watchtower copies from my friendly neighborhood JW. He was all excited because now he has "proof" of Jerusalem being destroyed in 607. I agreed to look it over and discuss it with him at a later time. There are several avenues I could pursue with this. One thing I just did tonight was that I looked at the translation of VAT 4956 provided here.

http://adamoh.org/TreeOfLife.wan.io/OTCh/VAT4956/VAT4956ATranscriptionOfItsTranslationAndComments.htm

It proved to be quite interesting to me. See, I am an astronomer. I know about the movement of planets and other celestial bodies. What the alleged "scholar" did is no big deal. I have a wonderful free program called Stellarium that I use out in the field to locate and identify objects during my observing sessions. It can be set forward and backward in time to see where celestial bodies are at that time. So what I did was look in the VAT 4956 translation to see what it said about Saturn. I chose Saturn because it takes about 30 years to complete an orbit. That means it is like a 30 year clock in the sky, so knowing where it is in that tablet can pinpoint it within a year or 2 on a 30 year cycle. It should match one of the periods indicated by the eclipses, but it would only match one of them and narrow it down to that one. So I see where Saturn is in the "Swallow". What is the Swallow? It corresponds to the constellation we know as Pisces. So all I need to do is see which year has Saturn in Pisces.

First I check April of 588 BCE. No good. Saturn is in Gemini. Way off. So I roll it back to 568 BCE. There is Saturn, in the western part of Pisces. So doing a little math, this is Nebuchadnezzar’s 37 th year of reign, so he started his rule in 605 BCE, and in his 18th year Jerusalem was destroyed, 587 BCE.

Now I see why the Watchtower "researcher" did not want to use the positions of the planets in their calculation. IT FALSIFIES THEIR CLAIMS AND SHOWS THEM TO BE LIARS!!

Here is my star chart.

Watchtower proven to be liars about 607 BCE Jerusalem destruction claims - they falsified data to cover it up

• Dutch-scientist
    Dutch-scientist

Hi Kurtbethel,

I agreed on your facts. They (The Watchtower) want to creat doubt to the reader in these publications. You just hit one of the several points what they try to hide from the reader.

They promote "no education" to their members and the members believe the writers with no doubt. So for now and the near future people from outside the watchtower see the lies.

Now for the human race we need to show the lies from every organisation in the world who damage the free will and choice of an Human.

I hope the young JW kids will pick the information up and see the lies asap.

DS

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Thanks for that Kurtbethel.

I have Stellarium now, have relocated my laptop to Babylon & I'll play with it some more tomorrow.

Cheers

Chris

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

KURTBETHEL - nice job, I'll have to check stellarium out... Sounds neat ( hope they have it for Mac).

Just to kind of stir things up with your friendly neighborhood JW, you might want to first direct him to the reference to VAT4956 in the WT 72?(don't have the cd rom on me). They basically discredit it, say it's a piece of junk, etc... What a difference 40 years makes! Now it's the most reliable piece of info directing us to 607. Amazing.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

Just to kind of stir things up with your friendly neighborhood JW, you might want to first direct him to the reference to VAT4956 in the WT 72?(don't have the cd rom on me). They basically discredit it, say it's a piece of junk, etc... What a difference 40 years makes! Now it's the most reliable piece of info directing us to 607. Amazing.

The irony is if you examine the astronomical data, it points to 587. Another line in the tablet refers to Jupiter being in Scorpius near Antares. It is in that area in 568. In 588 it is way over near Aquarius/Pisces. Another falsification of the Watchtower claim. I will let the reader decide if their conclusion is due to poor scholarship, sloppy research or dishonesty.

I have used Stellarium to find planets, asteroids and comets I could not see with the naked eye. I have also used it to find deep sky objects such as galaxies. When Comet Elenin came by, I used it to track its course, and demonstrate that the prophecy smack people were lying about it damaging the earth. It works, and is available for Mac and Linux for those who have kicked the Microsoft habit.

The Cartes du Ciel program is found here. http://www.ap-i.net/skychart/ I have used it several years ago. It does the job too. The Watchtower really blundered this time, big blunder. In these articles they demolished any shred of credibility they may have had left.

• Londo111
    Londo111

kurtbethel,

I am in awe.

I'm new here and I'm not sure what all the 'marking' stuff is about in these threads, but I've bookmarked this thread in my browser. Hands down, this has been the most valuable thread of any internet board that I've ever read.

• paladin
    paladin

I have downloaded Stellarium. How do I go about using it? Are instructions available?

• paladin
    paladin

OK, I found the manual on the Stellarium web site.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit