WT Nov. 1, 2011 (public) - When Was Ancient Jerusalem Destroyed - Part 2

by AnnOMaly 322 Replies latest watchtower bible

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

So, now 1919 is te pivotal year.

How is it we get from 1914 to 1919.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

( 1919 ) The WTS. namely J Rutherford, pulled it out his ass, the WTS was always nothing but a religious publishing

house, to make self pronouncements about themselves or specific dates, was part of their marketing strategy or self supporting propaganda.

Freedom of religion means freedom of religion, thats means creating doctrines unrestricted or by governance from a higher controlling power.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The reality is that the start of the captivity to Babylon happened in 605 under Nebuchadnezzar and continued to the final invasion of Jerusalem in 586.

If one subtracts 539 BCE. from 605 BCE. you get 66 years. I think someone wanted to make this time segment symbolic so 70 was used since 7

was a deemed a sacred number to the Israelites.

• Londo111
    Londo111

BTTT. Perhaps the best thread on JWN! My favorite anyways.

• Londo111
    Londo111

bump

• Splash
    Splash

Londo111,

instead of bumping all the new threads away with old threads that haven't been commented on since your last bump, maybe you could add something worthwhile reading to them?

Splash

• Londo111
    Londo111

I can’t imagine adding anything to this thread that more skilled researchers have not already said. Maybe in time. This particular thread was very important to my awakening and I’m hoping that perhaps there might be others as well who are looking for answers and this will help them similarly.

Besides...it's a slow week in regard to JW news.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

LONDO111 - thanks for bumping these threads. By the time they came along, I already knew the society was wrong, I just hadn't realized how deceptive they were.

As for displacing "newer" threads, I'm almost certain that all of the firearms and atheist v. theist threads will rise again to the top, the cream that they are.

• Splash
    Splash

But do you have to bump 15-20 threads all at once?

Do you imagine they will all become hot topics again even though your previous bump didn't gain more comments?

By adding a comment other than 'bump' you are more likely to get the discussion going again and less likely to flood out everyone elses threads.

• Londo111
    Londo111

My apologies, but alas the deed can’t be undone.

I don’t think much will be added beyond what has already been said. But for posterity’s sake, it might be helpful for a newcomer to peruse a dozen interrelated threads. My main concern is for those on the verge of waking up and those sincerely looking for answers. This site does get over 144000 unique visitors a month and who knows how many of them will better their lives if one of these threads awakens them to the truth about the truth.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit