I've stopped my bible study but....

by PenelopePaige 75 Replies latest jw friends

• ziddina
    ziddina

Day-yamm, I killed another thread...

• PenelopePaige
    PenelopePaige

Yeah, those are good Ziddina!

P.s. I actually have a cousin who's a scientologist :0 I should invite him to a study!

• ziddina
    ziddina

Sounds good, Penelope...

I found it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3TWW9d54R0

THEM!

• Heaven
    Heaven

Hi Penelope....

My Dad used to give me the magazines all the time until I told him point blank that I wasn't going to become a JW. I don't think they're supposed to give the ragazines to anyone who isn't a potential candidate.

Maybe you should tell this lady the same thing.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Btw, if anyone has any advice on how to nicely and respectively end this, I would appreciate it-

I like the advice your received about printing out or bringing up the issues you discovered on this website that have discouraged you from studying.

MAKE HER EXPLAIN THESE ISSUES TO YOU. PUT HER ON THE DEFENSE.

What were your issues?

Millions now living will never die?

Unscriptural application for shunning?

Constantly changing definition of Generation (but only when the time was running out on the old definition).

Flip-flopping New Light? (The new information at the Dist Conv. on the "toes" of the image in Daniel, is nothing new -- it's old news......again.)

Maybe YOU can save HER!

Tell her:

(a) Someone just gave you Ray Franz' book, "Crisis of Conscience", and after reading it, you have a LOT of questions for her...

I think this is a legitimate approach. You'll enjoy the book and you will have LOTS of questions!

• willyloman
    willyloman

Everything's been said that needs to be said on this topic, but this reminded me of an experience:

...she put everything I had "placed" with her, in a box ... and left it on her front porch for me

We were out in FS and woman answered the door one morning and said, "I'm in the middle of something but could you please come back in about 20 minutes?"

When we returned, there was a box on the doorstep with a note attached: "JWs - Please take this with you."

Inside were a bunch of older books, brochures, etc., published by the WTBTS. Curious, we knocked at the door to discuss... but no one answered the door. We sent back the next weekend, thinking we'd catch her at home. There was no answer. A week or two later, we returned and the householder who opened the door (not the same woman) said she had just moved in to the apartment. The former tenant had vacated it.

Apparently, we helped her move some of her stuff!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit