I've stopped my bible study but....

by PenelopePaige 75 Replies latest jw friends

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

LOL!!@Nickolas!!..

..................;-)...OUTLAW

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan

If you want to be friendly tell her you can get them off the web (jw.org). So, lady, don't bother wasting gas and time to be stopping by.

What's the counter for that line of reasoning?

• PenelopePaige
    PenelopePaige

Nikolas and Outlaw- You guys are funny- I was afraid someone was going to "outbid" me on Ebay and was surprised I was the only bidder and won! I guess I shouldn't have been so surprised..... haha

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

great minds, OUTLAW?

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

Actually, the paper used to print the Awake! and Watchtower magazines has a little more "tooth" than standard toilet tissue, so does a remarkably good job. And, since both substances involved are the same there is no adverse impact on the environment. There is absolutely no better way to use a Watchtower or Awake! than to compost it. Trust me on this one.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Yes Nickolas..I think so..

..................... ...OUTLAW

• nugget
    nugget

IT is hard for witnesses to let go a bible study is easy time in Field Service and by saying your husband forbids it she may be under the impression that you wish to study but are in fear of your husband. By studying on the doorstep using the mags she is technically acceding to your husbands wishes whilst allowing you to continue the study. As ex JWs we often decry the magazines as spouting JW doctrine and lacking any real substance. Also once you recognise the control techniques you find the text grates and annoys. However as you do not have some of the baggage we carry you see them differently and find them enjoyable. What I would say is that there are other magazines that offer more substance. Continuing to take the magazines gives her a reason to call by stopping them altogether you break the cycle.

If you no longer want a study then be clear that she knows this is your decision. I would say that you are finding yourself increasingly busy and don't have the time for discussion. When she delivers the magazines then say "thank you and see you next time, got to go. " If she choses a regular time to call then just don't answer the door in the same way you wouldn't feel obliged to stop and talk to someone delivering free papers or parish mags.

• Pams girl
    Pams girl

Took me monthes to pluck up the courage to end my study, after 6 years. Like you, I felt I didnt want to hurt her feelings.

I sent a text with my heart in my mouth..........

She said Jehovah gives us free will blah blah blah and a few other stuff, then..................NOTHING HAPPENED!

The sky didnt fall in, my heart didnt stop, smurfs didnt take over the world............................................ I cant describe the relief later that day....

You have to sever the ties once and for all. She will soon forget about you.

And you will go on.

Best, wishes Paula x

• clarity
    clarity

Pp - Aww life is a pain sometimes! sorry

>

Look, fact is, I was very active finding and conducting many bible studies.

One of them, a sweet young woman with a baby, must have been feeling just like you. We were on a very friendly level. I was a sincere, kind person.

What could she do???

>

I'll tell you what she did (so glad now!), she put everything I had "placed" with her, in a box along with a picture of baby.........and left it on her front porch for me on study day!!!

She ended it! I felt sad on the ride home but that was it!

Try it.

clarity

• Sam Whiskey
    Sam Whiskey

Penelope - Someone may have already mentioned this but, send her a letter kindly thanking her for the study but that it is your wish that she cease her visits. This will serve as a legal request to stop her activities, but will be done in a nice way.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit