Do you think mankind as a whole will get to meet the Third Kind in our life?

by sinis 37 Replies latest jw friends

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

As soon as we acheive warp drive, the Vulcans will come and let us know we are not alone.

Live long and prosper.

• scotoma
    scotoma

Starting Over:

Big foot. Nessie. etc. These are possibilities. But population theory says if a species is down to just a few members it is virtually extinct. And if "big foot" is a primate as some imagine, it couldn't survive without the support of a significant community. So there are no real consequences other than satisfying curiosity whether there is some final member of a species. It is more significant that some of us have strands of dna that seem to have come from our neanderthal cousins.

Extraterrestials would be a game changer. It would be contact with another world or even - universe. It would turn our religion based culture upside down. OR... it might put the Bible in the context of a collection of culture forming memes intended to alter our destructive course with minimal outside intervention. Jesus was a pivotal character in human history. He stood for self-sacrifice and an "extraterrestial" kingdom that is "not of THIS world". The kingdom of the heavens. Intervention occurs at the point where the survival of the human race is at stake - "unless those days are cut short - no flesh would be saved."

• Diest
    Diest

As a pre-warp speed culture they can't talk to us yet.

• james_woods
    james_woods

I opened this thread to find out what the "Third Kind" was.

I still do not know.

I do not even know that the "First" or "Second" kinds are, either.

• Bella15
    Bella15

I have been watching the History Channel's program on ancient aliens on Thursdays and it reminds me of what I read in the Book of Enoch.

• flipper
    flipper

I think mankind is still trying to meet the FIRST kind in his or her life . Let alone a " third kind ". Interesting

• jaguarbass
  • LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Sinis:

I believe what you believe and I also watch that program. I don't think we are alone in the universe and I am sure we have been visited many times in the past. I believe the governments know this and it is suppressed because they fear social unrest, chaos and the religions will suffer a loss (too bad if they do because they deserve to be gone as far as I am concerned).

If mankind as a whole is visited, I think it will be a frightening experience for most because who is to say these beings are benevolent. It is quite possible they are not.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit