Do you think mankind as a whole will get to meet the Third Kind in our life?

by sinis 37 Replies latest jw friends

• sinis
    sinis

Look at the ancient texts, and even megaliths - makes you really wonder...

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Look at the ancient texts, and even megaliths - makes you really wonder...

Yeah, I've seen them. "Makes you wonder" isn't quite the same as "I'm sure they've been here" ...

• sinis
    sinis

Come on. Sagan even alluded to it via mathematical probability. Do you think the ancients, whose cave drawings depict entities in "suits", were pulling ideas out of their ass? No one can explain many of the megaliths today, much less try and duplicate them with "ancient" tools/technology.

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

Somebody's been watching Ancient Aliens

• sinis
    sinis

Yes, I actually love that show. However, I have spent time in archeological ruins with friends, who are very well respected in their fields, and they have even mentioned to me that they DO NOT know how such things were made, given the tool and time, and have also indicated that they believe the ancients had "help"... they also mentioned that many in the community also feel this way, but due to politics they refrain from spouting such ideals in publications or in public.

• tec
    tec

What megaliths are you speaking about?

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Come on. Sagan even alluded to it via mathematical probability.

Yes, of intelligent life existing elsewhere in the universe. Not the same as "I'm sure they've been here."

Do you think the ancients, whose cave drawings depict entities in "suits", were pulling ideas out of their ass?

No, I think the same thing as when as when I see drawings my friend does when on acid. Hallucigens, imagination. You interpret them as suits because that speaks to something you have seen, astronauts in suits. There is no proof whatsoever they were aliens in suits. I mean, I saw wizard of oz, should I also beleive in tin men, red ruby slippers and women riding bicycles in tornados?

No one can explain many of the megaliths today, much less try and duplicate them with "ancient" tools/technology.

What do you mean "explain"? Ancient people carved shit on stones. They had an active imagination. There's an explanation. You don't have to like it, but it's sure more sensible than ancient aliens evolving, developing the technology to travel light years and then disappearing for reasons unknown.

What tools and technology did ancient people duplicate?

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

I saw wizard of oz, should I also beleive in tin men, red ruby slippers and women riding bicycles in tornados?

You mean you don't believe that's real??

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

I'd love to see you in some ruby red slippers and pigtails, baby...

• poopsiecakes

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit