onacruise - Craig Mills 1952-2011

by Lady Lee 96 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I hope Bikerchic and the family are holding up.

• drewcoul
    drewcoul

This was his next-to-last topic that he started:

onacruseYour epitaph...what would you like it to be? posted 3 years ago (1/12/2008)

Post 8810 of 8835
    Since 7/3/2002

Imagine that you are staring down from some ethereal plane of post-death...not the funeral, mind you, but perhaps years or decades after your physical decease.

What would you feel pleased to see written on your gravestone?

Me:

He thought he'd figured it out,
    but he never really did.

Ironic, huh.

Kate, you have my sympathy and I'm sorry for your loss.

-Drew

• drewcoul
    drewcoul
    onacruseYour epitaph...what would you like it to be? posted 3 years ago (1/12/2008)

Post 8810 of 8835
    Since 7/3/2002
    ADGRPID:|SERVTYPE:

Imagine that you are staring down from some ethereal plane of post-death...not the funeral, mind you, but perhaps years or decades after your physical decease.

Me:

but he never really did.
  • drewcoul
    drewcoul

Post 8810 of 8835
    Since 7/3/2002
    ADGRPID:|SERVTYPE:

Me:

but he never really did.
  • purplesofa
    purplesofa

Sorry to hear this, He was very helpful to me in the early days of my exit. Sympathies to his family and friends.

purps

• Mary
    Mary

59 is far too young to die. I didn't really know onacruise very well, but from what everyone's written on here, he was well liked and respected by many. Bikerchic, you have my deepest sympathy for your loss.

• Farkel
    Farkel

AlanF introduced me to Craig about 9 years ago when I was living in the Pacific Northwest. Craig was in the crazy mode most of us get when we permanently leave the WTS. He had been DFd twice and so he put up with a lot of shit in his life with that evil religion. I helped him get through that stage and later we became fast friends. We talked often and for hours-at-a-time. He was a terrific guy and always laughed heartily at my jokes, even the worst ones!

Katie is also a wonderful gal and they were madly in love with each other.

He was a good friend, and I will miss him dearly.

Farkel

• bikerchic002
    bikerchic002

I've been trying for a few weeks to find the words to say in reply to this thread. I mostly want to thank everyone for their condolences I deeply appreciate them and know it would have touched Craig very much as well to know you cared.

Facts; he died due to complications of alcoholism, most likely heart failure as he had collapsed in his apartment ready to take the dog out for a walk. It was two days before he was found by the Sherriff’s Department doing a welfare check for the apartment manager.
    We had been separated for almost two years, due again to complications of his alcoholism.
    Craig was a dear man and I deeply cared for him, he was the love of my life and I am sad that he is no longer here.

It's been cathartic going back and reading some of his posts, I remember them like it was yesterday and can hear his voice, see his face, his smile and it makes me miss him more, yet it also comforts me. I think it's great that I have this to remember him. JWD meant so much to both of us for such a long time and it's nice to see our first years together chronicled (warts and all) here.

So thanks to everyone, thanks to Simon for this place, it's a place of healing and a place of many caring, kind people like y'all.

Regards,

~Kate

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

I'm saddened to hear this information. I hope his family finds some way to be comforted in this time of grief. What a sad loss for all. He was so young, it isn't news I would have expected to hear. My best to Kate and the family who loved him.

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

Dear Kate I was so overwhelmed to hear of Craig's passing and his ongoing battle with alcoholishm. He was one swell guy and your one sweet chic. How the years have passed by. The memories too. Seems like time stands still for none of us. Sometimes we seem to take life for granted until we loose someone who means a great deal to us.

This past year I have lost three important people in my life, my dear Aunt Mary, my fiance` and then my ex of 28 years just the other day. He suffered the most. His JW wife is a real bitch and I would love to bitch slap her from here to kingdom come. But the lousy broad took a vaction and my poor son doesn't get to say goodbye to his father because she is having no funeral talk or interment. He said to me mom do you think Father Gordon (My parish priest), would do a service for me. I said sure he would but don't expect any one as all of dad's friends are JW's and so the poor guy is having it rough. And tomorrow I leave for Alberta for a month to be with my sister.

I am happy Kate you have many good memories to look back on and remember with fondness and smiles. Sorry for the painful ones that hurt and make you cry. Sometimes we can't figure out why someone does the things they do, but for whatever reason Craig had for drinking I am sure it was his personal dragon to bare. I pray that your memories will always put a smile on your face and in your heart. Except my sincerest and deepest condolences for Craig and his and your family. May he rest in peace.

always,

orangefatcat.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit