Wow, this bit of info surprised even me!!!

by LeKook 44 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    It was said years ago prior to 1975 that there would be a final door to door warning after the GT started, a message of destruction.....Blondie

Actually..It would be a good move for the WBT$..

Announcing the Announcement..

Of ..

The Final Announcement..

It would scare the crap out of your Average JW..

The WBT$ would get a lot of Mileage out of it..

10+ years..Probably more..

....................;-)...OUTLAW

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

There was a Witchtower study towards the end of 1979 that said that as the end approached the message being preached would harden to one of condemnation.

They quoted Revelation where people were killed by hailstones: The water of life is no longer quenching thirst for truth but battering those who dont listen.

Blondie always finds these things for us all, bless her wee toes!

I kinda remember a study with "Christian Neutrality as God's Day approaches." or "Figs that bring Praise."

Interestingly the June 1st WT that year defines loose conduct or "apelges" as a flagrant disregard for decency, quoting a dictionary. Somewhere along the line it morphed into "flagrant disregard for AUTHORITY" leading to people being DF for disagreeing with the elduhs. Now of course it is "Brazen" to do so.

HB

• Bella15
    Bella15

The Book of Revelations says that an angel or angels preached the gospel of the kingdom one last time. Funny that this is after the 144,000 are already saved in Heaven.

JW ALWAYS attribute all prophecies to them. The only thing they would ever want with a "last call" is to increase their sales. I wonder HOW MUCH is going to cost the public to hear that last call.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

I remember this being discussed quite a few times. The message would change from a message of salvation to a message of judgement. Delusions of grandeur much?

NC

• Gayle
    Gayle

How is this "denouncement" suppose to work?

de·nounce (d-nouns)

tr.v.de·nounced, de·nounc·ing, de·nounc·es 1. To condemn openly as being evil or reprehensible. See Synonyms at criticize. 2. To accuse formally. 3. To give formal announcement of the ending of (a treaty).

People hardly answer their doors now-a-days anyway. Most JWs hardly give an audible "knock" at the door. I don't think half JWs have it in them to do so.

Years ago, in the 50s we were taught to "overcome" objections. Then, it developed to "refute" objections, then "absorb" objections; thus, a softening approach. Also, before '75, we were suppose to "drop" Bible Studies after 6 mos of studying, if they didn't get a move on to meetings, baptism, etc. Because the end was so close, no time for us publishers/pioneers to waste our time with them. Now, they don't do that.

So, occasionally, some JWs, will say outrageous things to stir up some kind of fervor among JWs, as their results are becoming more and more desperate.

Come to think of it, the Nov. 15 WT coming up does try to stir up some "warlike" spirit in the article about Jehu. Ugh.

• cantleave
    cantleave

They have been stating that for decades.

• cptkirk
    cptkirk

yea what sizemik said, finally some honesty. (the truth about the truth is THEY ARE the people haters sociopaths)

it's a good time to reflect on the real math. 100+-100 = 0 which is what the WTBS are 0. they say everything, because of this they say nothing.

even look at their 2008 dvd. they are saying on that dvd the end will come during a time of peace. i actually said this to someone at the kh, and they turned me in!!!!! they turned me in for what they're own dvd says. these people are in for some really bad karma, thank god or science or whoever you thank, that you are no longer associated with them.

• sd-7
    sd-7

The priority to me seemed to be placing literature and starting Bible studies. Either doom or good news was just kind of incidental to that. The only reason that could become an issue is if the Borg leadership is planning to set people up for persecution to get more attention for the religion as a whole. Been done before. It'll be done again, if it isn't already.

--sd-7

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

That's nothing new. I still vividly recall, "soon now, the soft waters of the Good News will congeal to form hard hailstones of Truth!"

That would have been about 25 years ago.

• rebel8
    rebel8

Welcome LeKook.

Yes this has been part of wt doctrine for a long time.

Their preaching work will become an "I told you so" exercise right before God tortures and kills people, to help the Almighty feel vindicated.

*graduate of wts ordained minister school*

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit