Wow, this bit of info surprised even me!!!

by LeKook 44 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

I can remember hearing talk of 'condemnation' preaching where we would all go out and denounce everyone and they in turn, would be furious with us and persecute us. I was just a kid, somewhere in the early 70's and it scared the crap out of me. I already hated going in service and to have the condemnation message just waiting to be delivered was terrifying to say the least.

• Violia
    Violia

I stopped going in FS at least 6 yrs before I left. I once had a guy tell me that if jws were going to be the ones who lived on the paradise earth- well he'd rather be dead /not make it . I was a little taken back, but he made a big impression on me.

whoever you were, thank you so much. I heard you and got out. thank you friend.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

I am sorry to be the one to spoil a really fun hate fest, but whatever happened to being the only ones preaching the good news of the kingdom?

This hate preaching gives lie to that claim.

watchtower is a hate group preaching hate

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

i was just thinking ...you remember that tract from i think 2007? said "the end of false religion is near"?

It was from 2006, half a decade ago and counting. "Soon" and "near" don't mean what they think they mean.

• Quendi
    Quendi

With the embers in most Jehovah's Witnesses cooling, I suppose the WTS feels it's time to stir them again and rekindle the flames. It doesn't matter whether this current rumor is true because there is a pattern of such action in the past. The WTS stridently sounds the alarm not so much to warn non-Witnesses of impending doom as to get the rank and file back onto the streets declaring the WTS message and renewing their commitment to the religion. There may even be some kind of campaign that will be announced soon, but the effect will be the same. The flames will shine brightly for a short while before the embers start cooling and the light grows dim once more.

Quendi

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit