Wow, this bit of info surprised even me!!!

by LeKook 44 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• darth frosty
  • cptkirk
    cptkirk

i was just thinking ...you remember that tract from i think 2007? said "the end of false religion is near"? something like that. had a lightning bolt, so as to suggest the obvious. so who knows, maybe they are leading up to this type of madness. haven't we learned this is the destiny of all cults though? so why should it really surprise anyone.

its like that jim jones cult...as i understand a lot of good people got sucked into that. when those guys finally got what they wanted, they got out in the wilderness and started living like "adam and eve"...was like wait a minute, life still sucks..."i thought...".probably a culmination of the realization they were chasing a fairy tale, along with realizing the persecution they were receiving wasn't because they were "god's chosen", but because they were clowns...was just to much to handle...hence the kool-aid. which is what might happen with these jws. the culmination of realizing their utopia is actually not what they thought it was...and realizing they really were chasing santa claus...and oh shit we have real problems to solve, we actually have to grow up and be adults and deal with our problems? it's to much for them to handle, so yea they will self fulfill their own prophecy.

my experience in life tells me one thing, one lesson in all this. it sounds corny but it's true. if you are not a glass half full person, you wont make it in life. (ofcourse you also need to exercise certain disciplines and lifestyles along with that adage).

ofcourse this might be all hearsay that really isn't in the works, and just is nonsense. i tend to think it's nonsense, but at the same time wouldnt totally surprise me if it wasn't. these guys need to make major policy changes in their organization. and if they are so stubborn to refuse the changes because of their pride, the other option is they take the entire ship down with their massive egos. good riddance to them if they do, i just feel bad for the decent folks still trapped in there.

• smiddy
    smiddy

This is certainly not something new to old timers,it may be a revelation to newer ones ,but us oldies have heard it all before.

I heard it in the 1960`s

smiddy

• cptkirk
    cptkirk

smiddy, can you give some specific examples? people like to hear the experiences of guys/gals that been around longer, i wasn't even alive in the 60's , so to me whatever you have to say is interesting regarding this matter.

• AnneB
    AnneB

Is this when WT takes the money and runs?

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

If they come to my door and declare this, I will happily tell them to GROW UP!! Despite all the media angst, life has never been longer or better...

• diamondiiz
    diamondiiz

Until there is an actual letter from WTS stating so, this is just a rumor and nothing more. We've all heard this type of crap throughout the years of being in the cult so when some nobody elder repeats this nonsense to another nobody it's just BS that needs to be ignored.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I would have pulled out my copy of The Nations Shall Know That I Am Jehovah, 1971, showed her page 216 and asked her to read it to me.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

I remember that sort of thing from the 70s. I remember how shocking it was to hear that the preaching work would change to condemnation just before the "end." Yeah...I asked a JW sitting in front of the grocery store about that a couple of years ago. She just rolled her eyes...

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Witnesses had better be prepared to begin going door to door, not to announce "good news", but to denounce people who refuse to accept "the TRVTH".

I'd like to see them try!

.....and they say 'apostates' speak 'worthless propaganda' HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit