Rugby World Cup 2011

by dm6 152 Replies latest social physical

• Princess Daisy Boo
    Princess Daisy Boo

Yeah Bill - we were all excited and hopeful for a good finish but didn't work out that way... and now we have a nation in mourning (us South African's take our rugby seriously!) Ah well... such is life.

May the best team win (as long as it's not the Ozzies )

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

Australia & New Zealand go to war on two occasions this weekend

Saturday Rugby League: Australia (Kangaroos) v New Zealand (Kiwis) in New Castle Australia (nothing to do with the world cup)

Sunday Rugby Union: Australia (Wallabies) v New Zealand (All Blacks) SURE TO BE THE WINNERS AGAIN

What a weekend of sport, go Kiwi what eva the game

oh and yeah, go Wales, give those Frenches a good beating

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

What ever the results are this weekend, the finals will be a North v South affair, so if Australia are in the final will Kiwi's support Australia against Wales or France?

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

Good morning New Zealand, only 2 days to go b4 the Aussies get a real whooping by the All Blacks.

Hows the tension over there?

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

it's ironic that the South African team had to fly back home via Australia LOL

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

Whatever today's results turn out to be, I will be plugging for the North / South rivalry (although Wales played distinctly NZ style rugby last weekend - legacy of its NZ coach, no doubt!).

Bill.

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

France 9 Wales 8

France sneaks in, & I'm a little richer for now LOL

I put $10 on France to win @ $2.08, sorry Wales, but I had a gut feeling about France getting through.

First bit of sports betting I've done in about 12 months.

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

Where the hell have all the kiwi's gone?

I'm just gunna go away & talk to myself

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

All the Welsh fans will be disappointed.

But for a lapse of discipline, Wales would have nailed it (and finallysomepride would have been out of pocket!)

As it was, they were the better team - losing by only one point, despite playing with only 14 men for most of the game. I would imagine that Warburton isn't the most popular person in Wales right now!

Going on to this evening's semi-final, I cannot believe that New Zealand are entering this one as the favourites to win - not with Dan Carter out, and Richie McCaw crippled (when was the last game they won against a strong opponent, without both Carter and McCaw in the team?)

The "choker" tag surely doesn't apply this time!

Bill.

• sizemik
    sizemik
    Where the hell have all the kiwi's gone?

Sorry . . . been away from computers for two weeks . . . bloody uncivilised I know!

The Rugby Gods decided in advance that this was not Wales' World Cup. They actually have a team that could realistically have won it.

As for the red card? . . . OK that's the rules . . . but in a WC semi? . . . surely a yellow would have been more appropriate.

French defence was creditable . . . but it has to be said . . . Wales tactics in the last 10 minutes were correct, but the execution was inept and ponderous . . . interminably slow recycling losing 3 meters every phase was sadly pathetic.

No worries here about the AB's . . . they will play very well with the players they have . . . but the Aussies could still play better . . . it's certain to be a ripper.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit