Do You Think President Obama Takes Too Many Vacations?

by minimus 82 Replies latest jw friends

• Elgiard
    Elgiard

No, I'm fine with him taking vacation. In fact, I'm fine with him taking even more time off. Like a lot more.

• worldtraveller
    worldtraveller

What other choice is there for a "progressive conservative" like me? I prefer my politicians not to sell out to big oil, big banks, religion and so on.

Just saying. The big problem for me is that Obama promised that troops would be out of the middle east. Nothing so far. Quite disapointing. Yes he seems to be on holidays quite often, but the rest of them seem on holidays every month. Jon Stewart and Colbert take too much time off when compared to Joe Public. Oh well.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

LOL Jon Stewart and Colbert aren't exactly answerable to a constituency. We won't crumble without a week of excellent comedy. But I think I get your point. Obama isn't actually taking an unusual amount of time. More than Clinton, less than Bush. Nothing shocking so far.

NC

• Berengaria
    Berengaria

More than Clinton even more than Carter, less than Bush Sr. much less than Reagan, and waaaaay less than GWB.

LOL I see another pattern emerging......................

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

LOL--so much for that undeniable conservative work ethic. Ah well we made it through those vacations, we'll make it through this. It's just misplaced resentment. Obama haters didn't even want him to have a birthday. I'm sure anything good his way just pisses them off big time.

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

I suspect Obama will be taking a long vacation starting January 20, 2013.

• designs
    designs

Yes, it will be a Victory Lap around DC.

• CaptainSchmideo
    CaptainSchmideo

@New Chaper-I like the cut of your jib!

• RubaDub
    RubaDub
    It seems he's always partying, vacationing, having a good old time.

Min ...

I guess, as a "normal" person I hope, that when Obama does take time off, it's doing something that me and other people can relate to. A trip to Europe, Martha's Vineyard, etc. ... yea ... been there and done that. Things wife and I have done and would look forward to again.

On the other hand, traveling to Crawford Texas and "clearing brush" as Bush usually did ... well .... if that is a vacation to him then I am cut out of a different mold. Clearing brush, spackling a wall, patching a roof, raking leaves, patching drywall, etc, etc, etc. If that is a person's idea of a vacation, well, that person has a different view of vacations.

But then, if a person is elected President (Bush) and had never traveled outside of the country, then, well, the person has a small view of the world.

Rub a Dub

• designs
    designs

I think ol G. Bush made it across the Rio Grande a few times...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit