The Convention Pretty Much Sucked

by Franklin Massey 49 Replies latest jw friends

• Toscalive
    Toscalive

Hi Mr. Massey,

I study with them...the word you looking for is....CORNY...I love them as people but wow do they drink down the koolaide... Here's my rub with them...the preach & teach...ok if you want to do it, but to say if you don't that you aren't worthy....I've been to a couple of them...nice but half of them fall asleep, especially after lunch...pratically dribbling....then they jump up ..Refreshed ..& say..AH..it's over...I could've stayed there forever...Sure but glad they don't...the mothers constantly picking at the children, giving them water 'til they pass out...I say give'em a coloring book & let it ride...folks going to bathroom all the time....young girls geting their dress on yet looking for the young man they gonna grab before another filly gets him....Fathers, or brothers congregating together...talking man talk...most likely talking about the pretty single sisters that their wife better not catch them talking to....Must I go on...I know what you mean..I love learning the bible & believe many things the Witnesses say...but what I believe more than them...THE BIBLE....it's so simple...only man can make more out of it then it is....Love God &Love One another.Yes, there are other things to do ACTION....be kind..help your neighbor, with food or whatever....yes & do share the gospel. I'm going to the assembly on Sat...we shall see....I hope I get a chance to communicate with you again..I'm new to this site so can't figure out to pickup the reply or where to find it...

Take Care,

ToscaLive

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

I'm still coming off my 'post-convention high' from last year - when I realized it's a BUNCH OF BULLSHIT!

• shamus100
    shamus100

Question: Was there ever a time when the drama didn't totally suck? Be honest - I won't belittle you. I've just never seen it not suck crap.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

the Bible dramas with all those fake beards and theatrical make up were OK and funny , it's those bloody modern day dramas where the end sees the back slapping elder being thanked by the shit for brained young bro for the loving council etc etc.

• shamus100
    shamus100

But it's the same - modern day, back to bible days, then back to modern day.

Dear god, it's like reading the same ***king book over and over again!

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

you are right Shamus, I thought they stopped the Bible costume ones years ago?

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!
    I've just never seen it not suck crap.

The bible character ones were ok. At least they were a break from the monotony.

• shamus100
    shamus100

I don't know - but it's all everyone talked about, how good it was, bla bla bla bla bla... I never ever thought they were good. I thought they were absolutely awful all the time. And the voices were so uncannily off the wall and fake!

Huge thumbs down.

• Balsam
    Balsam

I remember being tired and exhausted all the time at the conventions. Bored silly but still saying "Oh the convention was encouraging and wonderful" not meaning any of but trying to be the good little JW wife. 10 years since leaving no conventions for me it is wonderful. In fact I threw away all my dresses, skirts and just wear what ever I want all the time. LOL

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

basically it all sucks, they suck/DC's suck/the WT sucks/CO's suck/the Literature sucks/CA's suck/Bethel sucks/..............................................................................................................................................................

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit