I am too pretty to work.

• Think About It
    Think About It

I am too pretty to work.

That you are my dear.

Think About It

• on the rocks
    on the rocks

I work for with an outsourcing company in India...I am the guy who snatches away jobs from US and the Western world

• smiddy
    smiddy

I consider myself very fortunate , when I accepted the "truth" I was 5 years into an apprenticeship as a leathergoods manufacturer,again fortunately having landed this job leaving school at the age of 14,legal then.After 12.5 years I wanted a change,and managed to get a job with an international photograhic company in their testing division,in their laboratory.After 5 years I went interstate at the invitation of my JW freind and finished up in the oil industry as a laboratory assistant with a total of 33years in that industry .however their were some times in between these years I did something else.My first job was 12.5 years --my last job was 28 years so their were a number of jobs in between.remember we thought armageddon was coming anytime.my wife and I moved around some 40 times , renting of course,during our marriage.And the last job I had thankfully had a superannuation policy which I took on joining the company thinking ,well it cant hurt, thank my lucky stars I did

smiddy

• QueenWitch
    QueenWitch

I was laid off in Jan 2012. I was working for a telecom company. I didn't go to college until I was on my own and on welfare.

• laverite
    laverite

College Professor and University Fellow.

• shamus100
    shamus100

I'm uber rich and I don't do anything. ;D

Hey, OnTheRocks, read Ghost Train to the Eastern Star. Some interesting stuff in there about outsourcing jobs in India. :D

• shamus100
    shamus100

Naturally I am kidding on one of the previous statements. I will let the reader decide which one... ;P

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

AFTER LEAVING BETHEL I TOOK A MEAT CUTTING COURSE BY MAIL BUT IT DIDN'T WORK OUT TOO WELL. THE POSTMAN HAD TROUBLE STUFFING THE BLOODY SLABS OF BEEF THROUGH THE MAIL SLOT IN MY FRONT DOOR. THEN I USED MY FACTORY EXPERIENCE TO GET A JOB AT A SHOE MANUFACTURER WHERE I WAS PUT IN CHARGE OF GLUING THOSE LITTLE CELLULOID TIPS ONTO THE ENDS OF SHOE LACES.

BUT SERIOUSLY....

I AM A PROJECT MANAGER AND DEVELOPMENT INSPECTOR FOR A MUNICIPAL ENGINEERING DEPARTMENT OVERSEEING AND INSPECTING MUNICIPAL CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS RANGING FROM PUBLIC TRANSIT CENTERS, PARKS, RECONSTRUCTION OF STREETS, INSTALLATIONS OF UTILITIES, SIDEWALKS, TRAFFIC SIGNALS ETC. MY DUTIES ALSO INCLUDE ISSUING OF PERMITS, CODE ENFORCEMENT, OBTAINING GRANTS...BLAH BLAH...

NORMALLY YOU HAVE TO HAVE A BACHELORS DEGREE TO GET THIS JOB BUT I WAS ABLE TO COMBINE CERTAIN CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES I HOLD ALONG WITH TRAINING, PAST EXPERIENCE AND A LITTLE CREATIVE RESUME WRITING TO SQUEEK MYSELF INTO AN INTERVIEW. THEY HIRED ME BECAUSE THEY THOUGHT I COULD DO THE JOB OF COURSE BUT MOSTLY BECAUSE THEY THOUGHT I WOULD BE A GOOD FIT WITH THE DEPARTMENT. I HAVE TO CREDIT THE DOOR TO DOOR WORK AND MINISTRY SCHOOL FOR HELPING ME DO WELL IN INTERVIEWS. (AT LEAST I HAVE SOMETHING TO SHOW FOR ALL THOSE YEARS)

I HAD JUST LEFT THE ORGANIZATION, WAS IN THE MIDDLE OF REMODELING MY HOUSE AND MY SON WAS GOING THROUGH CHEMOTHERAPY WHEN I GOT THE JOB. I THOUGHT IF I COULD JUST MAKE IT THROUGH ALL OF THIS TURMOIL AT HOME AND LEARN THIS JOB I CAN DO ANYTHING. THEN THE ECONOMY TANKED. BEING THE NEW GUY I WAS LIVING WEEK TO WEEK...THEN MONTH TO MONTH THINKING IF I CAN JUST MAKE IT TO THE ONE YEAR MARK WITHOUT GETTING LAID OFF, I'LL BE OK. NOWADAYS I'M LOOKING AT THE UPCOMMING FIVE YEAR MARK AS AN ACCOMPLISHMENT.

• Heaven
    Heaven

Resolution Owner for clients critical hardware and software defect issues.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit