How do you make a living?

by paulnotsaul 102 Replies latest jw friends

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

Piano player in a whorehouse.

• AK MCGRATH
    AK MCGRATH

I'm a private caregiver and entrepreneur.

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

I'm an Environmental Services Manager in a 99 bed hospital in Texas west of Fort Worth. I attend Weatherford College in Weatherford, Texas (small 2 year school ) and should be starting the RN program in January. I also make custom handmade knives on the side.

• Steve_C
    Steve_C

As a born-in JW, I didn't attend university after high school, of course. During my JW years I worked in fast food, as a bank teller, did data entry, delivered pizzas, and worked in a lumber mill. I was generally always employed, but not passionate about any of those jobs.

After leaving the Borg I went to college part-time, eventually getting my degree at age 44. Now I'm teaching English in Taiwan.

I love my cult-free life and dream career!

• Steve_C
    Steve_C

I thought about becoming a Jewish mohel and performing circumcisions for a living. The pay is low, but you get to keep the tips.

*rimshot*

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

I secretly went to college P/T as a JW, and ended up working for some NYC Bankster firms that vanished. Trying some new ventures now, and researching this weekend if there is some way the Obama multi- billiondollar expenditures might "make some rain" for some new venture.

I have secretly wanted to drive an 18 wheel truck for a living...at least for a few years and see all the hidden corners of the USA and Can. (As a good JW I couldn't miss meetings..now I can. ) Still can't convince the Mrs we could have great fun with the windows down and the radio blasting. It would be fun to visit all of you and blow the big horn as we arrive.

• InOregon
    InOregon

I work for the Red Cross and make sure that possible contaminated blood does not get out the door. I feel more pride working for the Red Cross then I ever did as a JW.

• Most Noble
    Most Noble

bump

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

I’m an Asbestos abatement supervisor. We also do mold, lead and Meth lab cleanup. We clean up after fires, floods or most any other damage. Also when a contractor needs demo work done because of remodel or scraping a house or building.

I primarily do Asbestos abatement. Pays good. I hate it in the summer...soooooo hottt. We wear special disposable suits and OSHA/NIOSH approved respirators. We don’t wear street clothes inside just the disposable suits and have to shower out using portable decontamination units. It’s basically glorified demolition.

Its a specialized field that most contractors don't touch because of the liability.

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

RN School starts in 17 days. So excited.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit