Obamageddon has arrived! Investors are heading for the bunker today.

by moshe 96 Replies latest social current

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety
    At present, the harshest critics are from within Progressive ranks. . .

It is this sort of commentary that got Cenk Uygur shitcanned from MSNBC.

Cenk Uygur On Leaving MSNBC: Network Told Me To 'Tone It Down,' Didn't Want To 'Challenge Power'

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/07/21/cenk-uygur-msnbc-leaving_n_905415.html

Al Sharpton has said he won't criticize Obama, ever. So they gave him Uygur's job.

"has decided not to criticize the President on anything"

http://www.salon.com/news/opinion/glenn_greenwald/2011/07/27/sharpton/index.html

MSNBC isn't independent journalism, it is Pravda under the Soviets.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    Al Sharpton has said he won't criticize Obama, ever.

Even Michelle Obama would find the idea laughable.

• Berengaria
    Berengaria

800 billion for shovel ready projects didn't do it

Believe it or not, only 6% of the stimulus billions went to infrastructure construction.

Believe it or not over 300 billion of that was tax cuts. Even though it's a fact that tax cuts have far less stimulative effect than direct spending.

Obamas biggest mistake from day one has been assuming Republicans were willing to compromise for the good of the country. Another quote from Cenk's article above

Giving the Republicans everything they want every single time doesn't appeal to any independents and will lead to half of your own voters staying at home.

How did he not see that the
    Republicans would bludgeon him with the lack of jobs after he agreed to their spending cuts

-- which would only lower the number of jobs in the country? How could anyone not see that and think they know anything about politics?
  • Berengaria
    Berengaria
    MSNBC isn't independent journalism, it is Pravda under the Soviets.

LOL, that's rich

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety

Obviously, you are one of the brainwashed.

• Dune
    Dune

I'm always saddened by these situations because I realize how politicized everything has become. To put the blame on One man when we have over 500 elected officials who have done nothing for the past 4 years except snipe and "one up" each other to gain cheap political points tells me that nothing will ever change.

This is not Obamageddon. The president, democrats, republicans and the american people let this happen. It took years of complacency and political, economical and social foolishness but we ALL let it happen.

Don't get me wrong, there is plenty of blame to lay at Obama's feet, his leadership style is weak, he allowed the right to control the narrative from day one and he actually thought the republican party would be willing to compromise, which was foolish and naive on his part, but I can't help but be horrified by the brinkmanship exhibited by the right. I mean, damn, i know they hate the guy and want him out of office, but to bring the entire country down to accomplish it?

• Berengaria
    Berengaria
    Don't get me wrong, there is plenty of blame to lay at Obama's feet, his leadership style is weak, he allowed the right to control the narrative from day one and he actually thought the republican party would be willing to compromise, which was foolish and naive on his part, but I can't help but be horrified by the brinkmanship exhibited by the right. I mean, damn, i know they hate the guy and want him out of office, but to bring the entire country down to accomplish it?

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety

Uygur is actually tolerable, interesting, and, most importantly, entertaining. I queue up some of his Young Turk tubes from time to time. I don't necessarily agree with him, but he isn't a blind crazy partisan hack, either. My life is too short to be bored by "MSNBC approved" idiots.

• Berengaria
    Berengaria
    Obviously, you are one of the brainwashed.

Not even a little, I am never taken in by your hypocrisy or your propagandizing.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    The president, democrats, republicans and the american people let this happen.

Don't tell Axelrod. He's working overtime to blame astroturfers.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit