Obamageddon has arrived! Investors are heading for the bunker today.

by moshe 96 Replies latest social current

• moshe
    moshe

What is obviously lacking by our leaders is a stepping stone like plan to get us out of the economic funk that has pulled our economy down. 800 billion for shovel ready projects didn't do it- Now, look at China- they built new solar cell factories (with no orders booked) while Obama was digging ditches- guess what? China has now become the low cost solar cell producer and claimed it's first victim this year- Evergreen Solar in Massachusetts- 800 good paying green-collar jobs gone. It's not like China did this in secret, nope, it was all public and our government just let them own the market and proceed to push our domestic solar industry into the ditch that Obama dug.

• james_woods
    james_woods

Soylent Green is still people.

Do not blame Charleton Heston, Beks. He did his best to try to warn us.

Still want to go in the R-R and have lunch? I think I still have the brinksmanship...

• Berengaria
    Berengaria

Well it looks like a burning car crash for Woods and I. We'll look good doing it though.

• Berengaria
    Berengaria
    It would please me greatly knowing that I am eating a big old bowl of, well, you...
    Then again, I may end us as monkey chow........................
  • Robdar
    Robdar

Beks, if you do end up as monkey chow, you would be DELICIOUS!

• Liberty93
    Liberty93

There's nothing unregulated about our economy. It's regulated in favor of the big boys.

• Robdar
    Robdar

~high fives Liberty93~

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety

800 billion for shovel ready projects didn't do it

Believe it or not, only 6% of the stimulus billions went to infrastructure construction.

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety

....When it comes to piloting, Barack Obama seems to think he's the political equivalent of Charles Lindbergh, Chuck Yeager and—in a "Fly Me to the Moon" sort of way—Nat King Cole rolled into one. "I think I'm a better speech writer than my speech writers," he reportedly told an aide in 2008. "I know more about policies on any particular issue than my policy directors. And I'll tell you right now that I'm . . . a better political director than my political director."

On another occasion—at the 2004 Democratic convention—Mr. Obama explained to a Chicago Tribune reporter that "I'm LeBron, baby. I can play at this level. I got game."

Of course, it's tempting to be immodest when your admirers are so immodest about you. How many times have we heard it said that Mr. Obama is the smartest president ever? Even when he's criticized, his failures are usually chalked up to his supposed brilliance. Liberals say he's too cerebral for the Beltway rough-and-tumble; conservatives often seem to think his blunders, foreign and domestic, are all part of a cunning scheme to turn the U.S. into a combination of Finland, Cuba and Saudi Arabia.

I don't buy it. I just think the president isn't very bright....

Socrates taught that wisdom begins in the recognition of how little we know. Mr. Obama is perpetually intent on telling us how much he knows. Aristotle wrote that the type of intelligence most needed in politics is prudence, which in turn requires experience. Mr. Obama came to office with no experience. Plutarch warned that flattery "makes itself an obstacle and pestilence to great houses and great affairs." Today's White House, more so than any in memory, is stuffed with flatterers.

....Can anyone recall a memorable phrase from one of Mr. Obama's big speeches that didn't amount to cliché? As for the small speeches, such as the one we were kept waiting 50 minutes for yesterday, we get Triple-A bromides about America remaining a "Triple-A country." Which, when it comes to long-term sovereign debt, is precisely what we no longer are under Mr. Obama.

Then there is Mr. Obama as political tactician. He makes predictions that prove false. He makes promises he cannot honor. He raises expectations he cannot meet. He reneges on commitments made in private. He surrenders positions staked in public. He is absent from issues in which he has a duty to be involved. He is overbearing when he ought to be absent. At the height of the financial panic of 1907, Teddy Roosevelt, who had done much to bring the panic about by inveighing against big business, at least had the good sense to stick to his bear hunt and let J.P. Morgan sort things out. Not so this president, who puts a new twist on an old put-down: Every time he opens his mouth, he subtracts from the sum total of financial capital.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424053111904140604576495932704234052.html?mod=wsj_share_tweet

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

At present, the harshest critics are from within Progressive ranks. . .

"If the clever guys at the White House don't realize they've hit their tipping point, they're in for a rude awakening when that tsunami washes over them. They're headed into the 30s in the polls and I don't think they have any clue how to get out of there. They don't even know that they're about to hit an iceberg. They think they're just one more compromise from turning the corner."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/cenk-uygur/obamas-tipping-point_1_b_921805.html

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit