The JW's are the NEAREST thing to the Truth....EVER!

by punkofnice 53 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I'm sick of this. When you show a JW the fallacy of their organization (on the rare occasion they don't get the forcefield up in time), they'll retort with something as assinine as

'Yes....but Jehovah's Witnesses are the NEAREST thing to the 'Truth' there is!'

My thoughts are that if God were so omnipitent it would be spot on not 'near'. Way I see it, you either score a goal or you don't. A near miss isn't a goal!

How would you come back on this 'nearest thing' propaganda?

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Never discuss doctrine.

• wearewatchingyouman
    wearewatchingyouman

The truth about what exactly?

A schizo-psychopathic Alien humanoid from the planet Alcyone sending his son to pick a group of men to constantly get things wrong and enslave a group of people through mind control?

Yep, definitely nearest to the truth about that if it's your thing...

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

JWs are taught the value of illustrations and you used an excellent one about making a goal. Why not use that illustration when a jw tells you that they are the nearest thing to the truth.

• ziddina
    ziddina

"The JWs are the NEAREST thing to the Truth...EVER!"

Zid: "Oh, really?.... I always thought that, to BE "truthful", you have to actually TELL THE TRUTH!"

or...

Zid: "Truth is defined as being in accord with facts and reality. Being "near" truth is NOT the same thing as being in accord with truth!"

or...

Zid: "Nearest? Well, the JWs may be standing on the same streetcorner as "truth", but they're SHUNNING it, just the same!!"

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

It's like the new car ad in the newspaper: only $19,999. But when you get there, it's $26k. I was nearly true!

• garyneal
    garyneal

Good responses all.

I get this from the missus too, it truly shows that she simply wants to believe for whatever reason there is to believe (family, friends, sense of purpose, hope for everlasting life, etc.).

First off, you have to define truth before you can claim something to be the 'closest thing to it.' What is the truth? What is it? Every answer they come back with can be found is some form or another elsewhere. United in worship? So are the Mormon's, the Amish, etc.. Go door to door? So do the IFB's. Do not preach the Trinity? So do Christadelphians. Anything else you got?

Oh, I am no longer a meek and teachable one. Ah, yeah, got it.

• Momma-Tossed-Me
    Momma-Tossed-Me

You could say well, the only two things they may have right according to the bible is the hell fire doctrine and the whole trinity thing, so everything else is wrong.

Other religions may well have more than two things right so that makes them closer to the truth, doesn't it.

In reality there is no reasoning with those people until they themselves want to see the light.

They look at you as a theif, trying to steal something that is very precious to them. So, they fight with all their might to keep it.

MTM

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

LWT - Yes because up goes their forcefield

WWYM - It's as near as far away can be!

SShooter - Good idea...the familiarity tactic.

Zid - Ooooh, shunning.......nice use of the term

B4Champs - Yes...the old 'bait and switch' as used by the WTB$ in their dublications!!!

Gary - Sorry about your Mrs. I know the feeling!

Momma - They fight from behind a barricade of nonsense

• talesin
    talesin

The nearest thing to the truth for me is that I love you and want, more than anything, to be united on how we see this issue. If we can't come to a consensus, at least we could understand each other more, and maybe put an end to the constant sniping in this household.

I truly believe that more open communication about this subject that is so important to both of us, would serve to make our marriage better. Can we make a date to sit down and really talk about how I am feeling? I just want to let you know the reasons why I feel the way I do, and have you listen with an open mind.

I don't expect you to agree, just to realize that I am sincere, and give you some insight as to why I feel the way I do.

Please know that I am just as interested in knowing how you really feel, too, and we can agree to some rules for the discussion.

(make up your rules, and ask if she has any,,, ie, no making fun, no censoring of topics, no debate/arguments, just real listening while we are expressing our feelings; or whatever you think might work)

I dunno your wife, but might this work?

tal

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit