My public talk on sunday

by mankkeli 47 Replies latest jw friends

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Is that outline one of the older 45 minute outlines? If so, you can omit a good portion of content that messes with your conscience, and deliver it in a neutral fashion, emphasizing things that would be encouraging to the audience as opposed to beating them down.

Keep fighting the good fight!

-Sab

• cptkirk
    cptkirk

people have to figure it out for themselves. you risk the same problems with taking people out of the org, as you do bringing people in. ie. you'll end up with a bunch of people hating you, saying you are the devil incarnate for leading them away from 'the truth". just let people take their own path. most i'd do is print out some info regarding the un thing, and the origins of the borg. let em digest that, and say sayonara. there are many reasons for having this perspective. many. no matter how many facts you present, they are going to tow the line...they will join up against you, and make you miserable.

my mother always told me two things in life, never argue with crazy people, and always make sure you're wearing clean underwear in case you get hit by a tank and have to goto the hospital.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Outsmart - the hardest was umma gumma, but I made out I had lost my place and "ummmm errrr gummmer" Job done!

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

What would Jesus do?

If Jesus would even walk into the Kingdom Hall, I think he would knock over the contribution boxes, yell out "Hypocrites" and walk out.

• stuckinamovement
    stuckinamovement

That is rough, The last public talk I gave was about a year ago. I sanitized the heck out of it by removing anything that my conscience wouldn't let me teach. Its funny many people came up to me after the meeting and said "what a wonderful upbuilding talk".

Welcome to the Board, and we look forward to your posts.

SIAM

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

My public talk on Sunday

I find it very hard to believe anyone who would say the things you said in your openly post, that you are

indeed giving a Sunday talk. People who give Sunday talks are usually well indoctrinated into and supportive of the organization.

They usually are not fading on the fence people, p osting comments on the oldest and biggest JW apostate web site probably in the world.

• Mr. Falcon
    Mr. Falcon

People who give Sunday talks are usually well indoctrinated into and supportive of the organization.

Then again, thetrueone, sometimes the public talk Coordinator is too lazy and waits till the last horn blows, so he calls Mr. Falcon up to do a last minute fill in. Maybe Mr. Falcon protests at first, but the coordinator reminds him of that favor he did for him and that time he stood up to the rest of the elder body on Mr. Falcon's behalf. And maybe, just maybe, Mr. Falcon decides to do the talk as a courtesy to someone who despite themselves being trapped in this religion, has always shown him kindness.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

thetrueone, I gave a public talk while fully convinced it wasnt the truth. Wasnt too long after until I left completely.

• wobble
    wobble

From my first PT at the age of 21, the old 55minute outline, I had difficulty "knocking it in to shape" as I used to call it. Very soon I was producing my own outlines, and therefore choosing the subject.This was the early '70's, along came the Elder arrangement, and they let me continue "as you do so well" with my own outlines, even after a hint or two from above that this was not a good idea.

Eventually a stern letter from the control freaks at Bethel forbidding such a pracitice brought it to an end for me.I continued giving P.T's home and away , knocking the outlines in to shape, and a number of times Elders were surprised that I was supposedly giving the same talk they had given before, as the resemblance was slim.

Looking back I now realise I was incapable of delivering any WT nonsense, the words I spoke were Bible based, so no one could criticise the content.

As I gradually reversed out of the Borg, whilst not realising this was what was happening to me, I refused to do any more PT's , despite requests from other Congos for my talks. I could not find an outline acceptable to me, I was also sick of the elevation of Public Speakers as something special, most were in fact near illiterate, or if not, then spiritually bereft.

If I was forced in to the situation today of giving a talk, as some think they are, I would still only teach what I believed, my conscience never would let me do anything else, which led to my walking away from the twisted WT, cold turkey.

How on earth can you live with yourself , teaching lies ???

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

If you want to make the audience amazingly happy... make the talk amazingly short!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit