My public talk on sunday

by mankkeli 47 Replies latest jw friends

• mankkeli
    mankkeli

I am currently preparing for the public talk on sunday and as i was looking through the outline some these thoughts just keep popping up my mind that In the face of several allegations and numerous scandal, WBTS has not stopped claiming to be God's organisation, I am wondering if they will ever realise that their strategies are no longer appealing to the general public. regrettably, They keep on publishing and printing using victims of mind control hazards to the detriment of over 7 million rank and file members and spiritual illiterates in the society. I keep on pondering on how long this malicious activity would continue. sad to say, it is distressing that in this era when the number of informed elites are increasing with the availability of technology and diverse communication medium, people still allowed themselves to be fooled by those authoritarian clowns. Well, I have to deliver the poison on sunday, "Are you marked for survival", Lets see if I survive the 30mins.

• cantleave
    cantleave

See how many pink floyd album titles you can slip into the talk. I got them all in once.

• Mr. Falcon
    Mr. Falcon

I know this pain all too well. Had to give one about a month ago. Short-notice, filling in for someone I owed a favor to. That's the only reason. But man, oh man did I feel like the world's biggest TOOL up there. The whole time I'm speaking from this outline I kept thinking to myself, "Am I really spewing this crap???" It was surreal.

What helped me up there was that I realized that out of the 100+ people in the room, only like 8 people were actually listening to what I was saying. The rest were zoning out and I could see it in their eyes. And those 8 people who were listening were a tad crazy anyways. Additionally, I used the time to brush up on my public speaking ability. Skills like that are good to work on if you ever find yourself on a job interview.

When you're done, go home and pour yourself a tall whiskey.

• No Room For George
    No Room For George

Is that outline one of the older 45 minute outlines? If so, you can omit a good portion of content that messes with your conscience, and deliver it in a neutral fashion, emphasizing things that would be encouraging to the audience as opposed to beating them down.

• outsmartthesystem
    outsmartthesystem

Can'tleave - Seriously? That is hilarious!

The society will never change their approach. As long as witnesses are all captive to the concept, they will continue to raise their children that way. And their children will raise their children that way. The only thing that will change is a lack of new converts from the outside world. 20 years from now there will be 0 people that are unfamiliar with the internet and how to do proper research. Therefore gaining outside converts will prove to be difficult. That's why I wouldn't be shocked if the borg started encouraging witnesses to have children someday in the future to keep the numbers up.

• Mr. Falcon
    Mr. Falcon

If so, you can omit a good portion of content that messes with your conscience, and deliver it in a neutral fashion, emphasizing things that would be encouraging to the audience as opposed to beating them down.

Miz, I found myself doing exactly this. I wrote this thing a few years back when I was guzzlin' the Kool-Aid. I was appalled at what I had written. I spent half an hour crossing out and changing words so they weren't so propagandist. Still felt like a king-size chode, though.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

What would Jesus do?

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Give the talk in such a way that only an absolute moron wouldn't sit up and say, "Holy Shit, do we really teach that?"

Make sure you have the material in your bag to back up everything you said.

• fade_away
    fade_away

Try to slip some apostate opinions in your talk. Then you can watch the elders squirm uncomfortably in their seats. Man it would be awesome if they ended up dragging you off the stage as you scream out blasphemies against the WT.

• cptkirk
    cptkirk

the more you dilute it falcon, the more they are watching you.

reminds me of the old show mash...they always love their frank burns types. the ones with real brains that will save their ass in a crisis they scorn.

probably a good barometer for how close to may-day your organization is...if it's completely flooded with frank burns, you've hit may-day.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit