Email exchange between myself (MS) and Elder...getting myself in hot water?

by Lied2NoMore 55 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Lied2NoMore
    Lied2NoMore

------->Expect further questioning, at which time you'll need to lie or incriminate yourself.

if i tell a good enough lie, and enough of them, maybe they will make me an elder...ha..seen alot of that around!

• cptkirk
    cptkirk

any aggressive speak like that is seen as apostate. you could be telling them that they are wrong about water being wet, sky being blue, sun is hot? wouldn't matter. and yea i know if you try to speak it in a way that is nice, then you are just asking to be put in a submissive position and talked down to in a condescending way.

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

@Lied2NoMore:

" if i tell a good enough lie, and enough of them, maybe they will make me an elder...ha..seen alot of that around!"

Nice!

Question: do you see a lot politics going on among the elders, along with the lying? What do you think matters more to these elders you speak of: Their position as elder, or you? How agressive is your circuit overseer?

MeanMrMustard

• Franklin Massey
    Franklin Massey

Lied2, you come off in your email as intentionally confrontational. Maybe that is your goal. If so, why submit this guy to your angst? Did he do something terrible to you? I only have this email to go by but he seems nice enough. His original email didn't even really merit a response. But you sure fired off at him like you were just waiting for an excuse to vent. Then, he gave a very polite repsonse, perhaps in hopes that you'll calm down a bit. But you just keep on swinging.

Then you post the email here with poorly edited names?

To answer your question, you are getting yourself into hot water and you are the one who is boiling it.

If you don't want to be an MS, just step down. Why are you making this more complicated than it needs to be?

• cptkirk
    cptkirk

the afore mentioned advice is good advice. let them delete you (that will atleast give the situation pause, since they feel they have taken a major step) - so it will give you a buffer to just let the whole situation die peacefully. (you'd think this is what they would want also seeing they follow "the prince of peace" ...but it's not. what they want is to drop all their anger and aggression in a few controlled sentences at you, so you feel like scum. and so you know you are wrong, and they know they are right.) sounds exactly like people who are following truth doesn't it? how do i change my avatar?

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

Verbally or in writing can be very dangerous when one expresses the facts with little or no regard for the rules of the WTS. Lied2NoMore, you are right, but you will not get anywhere with changing any of the elders. You are now on the cong black list.

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

but faith in an organization and not God is improper

I am so glad that you said that. When I read that he told you your faith in the org was wavering, it made me sick.

• stuckinamovement
    stuckinamovement

I give you three days before you have two elders at your door. They will try to get you to explain what you meant in the email. At that point you will have to either back off or blow the bridge.

SIAM

• Kensei01
    Kensei01

Hi Lied2nomore:

I feel your pain my friend. I know your not asking for advice but if I may say so you may want to just tell the boe you don't want to be a ms anymore; you are NOT required to say why; I have just recently resigned from the ministry school, when they asked why I just told them it was irrelevant, that all they need to do is comply with my request. However I can see your need to stick it to them a little. As for flying under the radar, I would say you have attracted some attention, but not enough to remove you. They would probably do that as a last resort as the org is DESPERATE for elders and ms's. You should see the absolute imcompetants they have appointed in my cong in the last few years. Anyway let us all know how you make out.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Ah, this comment by the elder concerns me...

"Are you OK? You don't sound like you are in a very good spot.You are giving the impression that your faith in the organization is wavering. Am I reading that right?..."

Now, THAT kind of comment can lead to the elders becoming more concerned about your "wavering".

[Edited] URK!!! I just read your comment here:

"...i will proudly tell them the flock book is readily available for download online..."

Bad BAD BAD BAD idea!!! This will tell them that you've been checking out [gasp! ] "APOSTATE" websites!!!

Next thing you know, they'll be grilling you as to whether you still believe that the Governing Body is God's mouthpiece - er, "faithful and discreet slave" - on earth... And a negative response to THAT, WILL probably lead to a disfellowshipping....

However, at this point - without that comment coming out of your mouth - my previous advice still applies... As below... [end edit]

From this point on, if you don't want a direct confrontation, I'd play the "depression and unable to pay all of my bills" cards...

If they press you, tell them you're depressed and need time to sort things out.

If they KEEP pressing you, then tell them that you're having trouble paying your bills, and could they help out a little bit?

That should make them keep their distance...

On a side note, the fact that they're after you with such persistence indicates that the "man" shortage in the Watchtower Society is becoming desperate... At least, I hope so!!

Also, WELCOME to the board!

Zid the She-Devil

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit