Christians used to be sure of what they believed...

by THE GLADIATOR 68 Replies latest jw friends

• tec
    tec

OTWO - If you want to dismiss Shelby as lying or crazy, then you (and others, I'm not picking on you) have to ignore a few other people on this board who also hear the voice of Christ. People who you (and others) actually like. Also, there are more people on this board who have confirmed that name, let alone in the world. Its also a lot closer (scholarly wise) to the name given Jesus in Hebrew. Yeshua, Yehoshua. Those are both accepted as being more accurate than Jesus. Jaheshua is WAY closer to those accepted names, than Jesus. And the pronunciation is almost eksactly the same as Yeshua.

Moshe - Why teach people the scientific cure for whatever disease (when another is always ready to pop up right behind it, because of things that WE create, produce, put in food and the atmosphere) when there are those who could heal by faith? I know that most people would think that is stupid or a copout, but if a person does believe in Christ and His Father, then that is something to consider. Seeing as Christ healed the flesh through faith, and the power of the spirit. Just something to think about.

Peace,

Tammy

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

I loved how that guy in the video pointed out that bible god was concerned with coveting but not slavery. I would say that slavery is the epitomy of covetousness, but that would only encourage debate. Sometimes it really bothers me that people who claim love also love a hateful vengeful bible character. But I used to be that way. Leaving the org freed me from that, and I often wonder why others weren't also freed. But I'm learning to let it be. But mostly not.

I sent those cthulu videos to my brother who has always been an atheist. I told him that ex-smokers are much more intense than non-smokers, and I now see that ex-believers are much more intense than non-believers.

Picking up sticks on the sabbath carried the same penalty as murder. Raping a virgin got you a fine. Cursing god's name got you killed, but you were fine if you didn't beat your slave beyone 40 strokes. Here are the words of a kind and loving Jesus. PEACE!

The servant will be severely punished, for though he knew his duty, he refused to do it. "But people who are not aware that they are doing wrong will be punished only lightly. Much is required from those to whom much is given, and much more is required from those to whom much more is given." (Luke 12:47-48 NLT)

And Dear Sweet Faithful Timothy was admonished to teach these glorious truths:

Christians who are slaves should give their masters full respect so that the name of God and his teaching will not be shamed. If your master is a Christian, that is no excuse for being disrespectful. You should work all the harder because you are helping another believer by your efforts. Teach these truths, Timothy, and encourage everyone to obey them. (1 Timothy 6:1-2 NLT)

Now doesn't that make you happy?

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

tec, I do dismiss all claims to "hear the voice" of the Lord. ALL OF THEM. Incredible claims require incredible evidence. If one claim is to be taken as true, why not consider them all to be true, even though most contradict each other? But I can still "like" the people. Shelby seems to have charm, and other than her lies, I bet I would enjoy her company as a friend. I know I would enjoy your company, tec.

Have I missed something. Is there another claim from someone that the Lord spoke to them and told them what His name was, and it agreed with AGuest? Provide a link if it's available. If I missed it, then I will admit that there are two of them out there. Of course, the second one might be deluded or lying just the same, but at least it would be progress.

If you could choose one, tec, which of the following would you pick:

1. AGuest is lying.

2. AGuest is wrong, but thinks she hears the voice.

3. AGuest genuinely hears the voice of the Lord.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Liar, Lunatic or Lord? Are those the only 3 options? LOL

Perhaps just a bit mislead but well meaning.

• tec
    tec

I'll look for a link, OTWO, but you need only ask them yourself - though, if I recall, you and one of them don't get along at all ;)

Watersprout, and Inkie. Both confirm the name Jaheshua. PSac might have confirmed it as well, but I'm not positive on that one. He has confirmed that he hears though.

Of the three choices you gave me, I would choose the third. That doesn't mean that I follow Shelby, or that I would change my life to do as she says or believe as she says. What I would do, is go to the Source myself. Some things I would need to hear for myself. Shelby would not want me to do anything else, for that matter.

Peace,

Tammy

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

NewChapter, it is not as simple as "Liar, Lunatic or Lord?" Please name any choices that don't fall under the choices I have given.

If there really is a voice, but it is not "The Lord," then number 2. still applies. If aliens are supplying the voice, then AGuest is wrong.

• AGuest
    AGuest

Groan...

Okay... dear Glad (peace to you!)... for me, it is your posts that are confusing. On the one hand you say you don't believe Christ exists. Okay. On the other, however, you say you wish you could hear him. How can you wish to hear someone who doesn't exist?? Then you post that it was all facetious, anyway. I mean, why bother? You know what I post... and, for the most part, how I will respond. Why bother, then, if you're truly only being facetious? But, again, I don't think you were. I think you weren't expecting the "rumblings"... or truth... that you received and your latest responses are basically stalls while you process it all. I could be wrong... and no worries if I am. You all have your "takes" on me; I have mine on you.

And Moshe, dear one (peace to you!)... what you and others consider "important" is subjective. The kingdom of God is no part of this world... and so the challenges and ills of THIS world... are the responsibility of ITS "ruler", our Adversary. How's that working out for you?

And, well, aw, dang...

Jer, Jer, Jer... what a hypocrite. Yes, I have called you a blasphemer... because that it what you are. One who blasphemes... is a blasphemer. And, yes, I've called you a hypocrite. Because that, too, is what you are: one who sits in judgment of others... who himself exists in sin... is a hypocrite. Since you STILL do that, well, then... And you're full of BS, too. You can dish it out... but can't take it. Which is a sign to ME, of a different kind of "mental illness." You have ridiculed me... and my Lord... almost from day one. You have not held back, even crossing lines of decency. And... I have been honest as to from WHOM I have received what I have about you... and a couple/few others. Unlike you... and them... who slander ME... and my Lord... simply due to your limited ability to grasp anything beyond your own bulbous nose(s). You have NO problem calling ME names... based on your own unsubstantiated, unprofessional, armchair therapist opinion... but get your chonies all twisted in a bunch because I call you a blasphemer... and hypocrite... after you've OPENLY blasphemed... and openly manifested your hypocrisy.

You are NOT a WTBTS elder any more, Jer. And YES... you will have an accounting for what you did while you WERE one. As well as what you're STILL doing, now: trying to be a master over someone else's FAITH. Really... you have WAY too much of your own crud to deal with... than to spend another second on what you believe is my problem. You really should get to it... and quit worrying so much about ME. Which you obviously do. MUCH. Or... you could take a minute and look in the MIRROR... and ask yourself just why it IS that you so worry. About me. SO much.

Because the answer... the TRUTH... lies with you, Jer... not with me. I am on YOUR mind... and heart... because I am a reminder. Of YOUR lack. Rather than fix that, though, change it... you have chosen to "demonize" me. But I'm not the one "demonized" here, Jer. It's not me. Go on, look in the mirror. Give yourself a good... HONEST... looksee. If you can.

Seriously, people...

A slave of Christ,

SA

• AGuest
    AGuest

Tec, dear, dear tec... as always, the greatest of love and peace to you... and thank you, for your love and support. May JAH be with you... and your entire household, through Christ... to time indefinite!

Your servant, sister, and fellow slave of Christ,

SA, who doesn't want ANYONE to listen to... or follow... her (oh, good, Lordy - NOOOOOO!! That's contrary to the WHOLE POINT)...

• AGuest
    AGuest
    If aliens are supplying the voice, then AGuest is wrong.

Ummm... how would this negate your third choice, Jer? Depending on the definition of "alien", it can include someone not of THIS world. Goodness, your contentious self-righteousness causes you to be such an idjit sometimes...

A slave of Christ,

SA

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I invited choices outside of the three when challenged on limiting it. If you want to say the Lord is an alien, then at least you are admitting it falls in the three, still.

tec, as always, I appreciate your honesty and attempts to find middle ground. I guess to you, the Lord really is all things to all people.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit