Aug. 15th WT - WT Society Dissing Internet Again - All JW's Beware !

by flipper 57 Replies latest jw friends

• oompa
    oompa

well....misinformation....does kind of rhyme with masturbation..................oompa

• Pams girl
    Pams girl

This article is aimed at the young ones...the GB are shitting it because they know the younger ones are starting to find out info outside of the WT and Awake mags. and think for themselves.....and the fact that the numbers leaving as opposed to retained is starting to tip on the scale.....

Mushroom omlette anyone?

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

And I heard (reliably, since I have seen the experiences myself) that some of the worst of those sites is the official washtowel web site. And you get even worse disinformation from your local Kingdumb Hell or the Washtowel rags or littera-trash itself.

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

The quote from the Watchtower should read:

"In the congregation, no one will know you are a pedophile, since we require 2 witnesses and we threaten any whistleblowers."

• Lore
    Lore

It might be mind control and fear mongering, but I gotta give the artist props for that ethernet cable picture.

• rocketman
    rocketman

"Today, anyone with an Internet connection can become a desktop professor, pretending to be in the know, without even revealing his name. And there are no rules on who can publish ideas, information, images, and suggestions. "

And for the past 120 years, those with access to printing facilities have done the same thing. Irony indeed.

• Scully
    Scully
    maninthemiddleRe: Aug. 15th WT - WT Society Dissing Internet Again - All JW's Beware ! posted ~ 19 hours ago (7/28/2011) </form>

Post 516 of 518
    Since 10/5/2009

I remember that article, and that picture, fear mongering indeed.

Today, anyone with an Internet connection can become a desktop professor, pretending to be in the know, without even revealing his name. And there are no rules on who can publish ideas, information, images, and suggestions. "

However I find this statement most hypocritical considering we don’t know who writes their books. In religion there are also no rules on who can publish ideas, information, images and suggestions. Suggestions indeed. Think about that for a moment, are there rules in this country on who can publish physical books or magazines.

• Scully
    Scully

flipper

I had to delete maninthemiddle's post in order for the rest of the page to be viewable in IE. Its content is reposted above.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I hate their stupid analygies and advice. Mushrooms. Really? Am I a dog that just eats what people feed me without any regard for my personal safety? Well I'm confident the young ones will go on the web and find all the information they need.

• flipper
    flipper

SCULLY- A huge THANKS ! to you for correcting the mishap on pg. 1 of this thread so everyone's responses can be read ! Thanks so much.

I'll be back in a couple hours and respond to everyone's replies. Need to make my wife breakfast and do some other important things

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit