Victoria, Australia: Steven Unthank's Press Release: JW's Hierarchy Formally Charged Today With Child Abuse

by AndersonsInfo 243 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Gayle
    Gayle

wow,,interesting for certain,,I can't imagine the WTS letting this go all the way to the Australian court. Can you imagine in the courts demanding the WTS leadership to have to explain who the FDS is. Recent WT clearly states they don't even keep a list but the WT teaches to JWs these ones are part of the ones chosen by God to direct his most divine work in these times, and no names - haha - what a joke. So where's the names and the list??? Comical, since the "FDS" is only a "phantom of the WT opera" and behind that curtain is only 7 old silly men. They won't be able to fool the court on that one.

I would suspect the WTS will bend to just make the Victoria, Australia, elders just have to go and get their registration as required by their law.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Good point Rebel8. Specifically mention why the NYT's readers would be interested in this story.

However, to avoid rambling on and to get to the point, how about a suggested 'presentation' if you will of what to say in the email. Someone have any ideas?

Forget the black eye. With a collective effort on everyones' part, we can aim for the knee caps!

• AndersonsInfo
    AndersonsInfo

The Working with Children Act of 2005 and applicable to religions in 2008 is not a federal law. It is a state law. Just as murder or rape is prosecuted in the state the crime was committed, so with this criminal case of WT not obeying Victoria's WWC Act--it can be prosecuted in the state of Victoria. In the state of Victoria, a government official, the police, or a private individual can file charges. This is what Steven Unthank as a private citizen has done and state government authorities have made the decision that this criminal case can now move forward. For this we have Steven Unthank to thank!

You are not alone in your confusion Juan Viejo2 about Australian state vs. federal laws, etc., but little by little, our education is growing and things are making more sense. We wait patiently for some newspaper coverage that might help clear up some of the issues that bug us. However, I doubt if any newspaper article will shed light on the FDS question. What helped me was rereading that particular subject in Unthank's "Submission" document.

Barb

• rebel8
    rebel8

JWGoneBad: If they get >1 email stating the same words, their human or electronic filters will immediately pick up on the duplication and ignore it. Using your own words is more effective. No need to write a novel, just a few sentences and a link. But here is a sample.

Please cover this story about a New York City-based church whose worldwide religious leaders have been charged in child sex abuse conspiracies: http://wp.me/p1G1hC-4O

Your readers would be interested in this because_____________

PS-I submitted this story to fark.com

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Ditto Ditto: Thank you Steven Unthank. May the Force be with you!

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

Wow. This seems to have potential to go critical. Go Steven.

• truthsetsonefree
  • life is to short
    life is to short

Thanks Barbara so much for keep us up to date and for all of your hard work.

SIAM your story is amazing, I truly hope this goes somewhere.

LITS

• smiddy
    smiddy

Well done S.U./ B.A.

We can only hope this is Mega bad publicity for the cult,but I fear they will cut a deal,comply with the law and hope it all gets swept under the carpet,and explain they are persecuted because they are the only true religion.After all they are the masters of spin.

But then again we live in hope.

smiddy

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

So the outcome could set a Precedent and further prosecutions could take place in other Australian states..? (I'm just thinking outloud and marking thread, lol) There is a certain irony about the $144,000 fine for each of the 35 cases - wasn't 1935 the original 'cut off' date for the 144,000 ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit