What is the ULTIMATE goal of the Watchtower Society?

by MrDarkKnight 78 Replies latest jw friends

• life is to short
    life is to short

Great reasoning Billy. I too have seen the human worship the GB get and it always bothered me. I tried to think that they were not truly asking for it, it was just the "friends" making a big deal out of them.

But truth be told it was them loving the worship. They love it, as do the DO's, CO's and elders.

LITS

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Actually, I'm not, if the truth be told (and I kinda like to tell the truth). Truly. I can BE nice... when I choose... but I am NOT nice. Trust me; I know ME.

Odd that I have never seen you act cruelly to anyone since I got here; even though I have read many nasty things written about YOU here. If someone "chooses" to be nice too many times in a row I'd have to say that they might actually BE nice.

GASP!

-Sab

• Alfred
    Alfred

What Sab said... Also, I'm still trying to figure how being nice equates to being self-righteous...

• AGuest
    AGuest

I hear you, dear Sab and Alfred (peace to you both!)... and thank you, both. But I know what's truly IN me - LOLOL! True, I exercise self-control as much as possible. As a result, YOU "see" the manifestation of me OVERCOMING ("conquering") what often comes up IN me. On the INSIDE. I, too, would sometimes love to cuss and scream and respond insultingly. Sometimes. But that is not the "way" of my Lord... or the "way" that he's teaching ME to be. If left to my own devices, however... well, let's just say, it could be "ugly." Real "ugly." There's a reason dear OUTLAW posted a pic of me as a green-faced witch! LOLOLOLOL!

BUT... thank you BOTH... for your very kind words. They are greatly appreciated, truly!

Peace!

YOUR servant and a slave of Christ,

SA

• sabastious
    sabastious

I think you should cuss more.

-Sab

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

I`ve known Shelby for years..She`s a SweetHeart..

She`s neither ("...sounds...") self-righteous or self -important..

It`s just her way..

Good enough.

That's all I have to say about that. ~Forest G. Rabbit

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Just remembered, YEARS ago Barber of the GB came to our hall to give a 'special talk.' Don't remember the subject as it just kind of rambled for about 90 min, but in the end it was all about MONEY. WE NEED MONEY. KEEP THE MONEY COMING IN.

And is was actually one of those moments of cognitive dissonance for my wife and I. That's it? It's all about money?

In the end we just kind of pushed it to the back of our minds, Oh well you know, that must be on their minds all the time, only they see the BIG PICTURE, the preaching work, need money to do that....

I think their goal is SURVIVAL, and for that you need MONEY. Make more than you spend.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Shelby..

Go back and look at my post..That pic wasn`t of you..

................ ...OUTLAW

• AGuest
    AGuest

That pic wasn`t of you..

Huh... wha? Really? Nawww... seriously, now...

C'mon, dear Muttley Man... 'fess up: SURELY you meant it for me! LOLOLOLOL!

Peace, O mi Amigo one!

SA, on her own...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit