What is the ULTIMATE goal of the Watchtower Society?

by MrDarkKnight 78 Replies latest jw friends

• Ill wind blowing
    Ill wind blowing

The same as that of a cancer cell.

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

Shelby, AGuest, etc, I'm sure you are a nice person. But, damn...do you really believe that we actually read your verbose essays ? I have tried to be polite, but I've got to tell ya', too...your constant repetition: "Peace be with you, (again, peace to you!)., Servant of the Lord"...etc, sounds just a little bit fake. It sounds SO self-righteous and self-important.

There ...my first & last words on this. Please consider it as constructive criticism.

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

great post, just n.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I affirm Christ for me within my cultural tradition. There must be valid avenues for other cultures. 99.99% of my belief is Christ is simply b/c I was born into a Christian family in a mostly Christian cultural land. Would Christ condemn me if I were born in Beijing or Delhi, what about animist Africa. Christ could not mean this. He was so rooted in his own culture, 1st century Judaism. He did found any religion. Rather, he died a good Jewish boy.

What if Paul never preached his gospel to the Gentiles. Christianity would have petered out as a small faction with Judaism. The Roman Catholic Church did not invent Jesus. The Church merely imposed orthodoxy around the time Constantine favored the church. There was no unified church.

I've spent so much of my life studying scripture and reading historical accounts. If Christ is the only way, I refuse to be Christian. Christ must have plans for bringing others into their field. It is cultural imperialism and racist to assert that a Western European religion is the only way to go. I love Christ. If a bunch of Chinese forced Buddhism or Communism on me, I would be livid. Jesus was Jewish. Christ must be universal.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Bookmarked

• AGuest
    AGuest

Shelby, AGuest, etc,

Greetings, dear Rabbit... and peace to you!

I'm sure you are a nice person.

Actually, I'm not, if the truth be told (and I kinda like to tell the truth). Truly. I can BE nice... when I choose... but I am NOT nice. Trust me; I know ME.

But, damn...do you really believe that we actually read your verbose essays ?

Some of you, yes (because many do, if the comments addressed to me, the PMs, and my email are any indication). Some of you... no. Of course, not. But the REAL question is: do I CARE if you do or don't? Ummmm... the truth is... I do not. It's what's "in" me... and the Board allows me to get it "out". Because it's really more about MY salvation... and that of MY household, dear one... than it is about you and yours. That's not to say that I have absolutely NO concern for you and yours; that would not be true, of course. But I'd be lying if I said I don't have my own priorities in these matters, so...

I have tried to be polite,

And I would recommend that you continue, by ALL means (although I AM curious as to why folks even SAY things like "I have TRIED to be polite," or "I've TRIED to be respectful", etc., when such are CHOICES, aren't they, and so either one chooses to be polite/respectful, etc., toward others... regardless of how others are... or they choose NOT to be. Right?). But certainly keep on trying, dear one. Perhaps you will get it down pat and no longer need to "try".

but I've got to tell ya', too...your constant repetition: "Peace be with you, (again, peace to you!)., Servant of the Lord"...etc, sounds just a little bit fake. It sounds SO self-righteous and self-important.

To YOU, perhaps. To some others, apparently not so much. But I would offer that perhaps you need to evaluate yourself... and why that IS... why such coming from someone you don't even know "touches" YOU the way it does. I would wager that it is because either (1) you've had dealings with others who've used such terms but proved to be ingenuine (which I am not and if you knew me you'd know that), or (2) you believe yourself to be MORE righteous/important (which sounds to ME more like case. I mean, like you... I'm just sayin', you know?). You really should look into what's going on with you, first... and THEN perhaps try to help me remove the "straw" from my eye on this matter.

There ...my first & last words on this. Please consider it as constructive criticism.

You're saying that since my offering a wish for peace to those I am addressing... and identifying myself as who and what I am... sounds "fake" to YOU... I should consider it constructive criticism. Okay. You won't be offended, though, if I CHOOSE to disregard your "feeling" about this, though, will you? I mean, you're only putting it out there... but leaving it to ME to decide what to do with it, yes? Well, okay, I hear you... but disagree with you. And so, I will continue... because it serves MY purpose. Yes, I get that you might consider that a bit "selfish." I can only say that if it is... if choosing to do what is best for ME in this particular situation IS selfish... it is one of the very few acts of selfishness I am capable of.

BUT... thank you for your input... concern... and "politeness". It really IS appreciated, even if not literally regarded.

Again, peace to YOU!

YOUR servant and a slave of Christ,

SA

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

A couple of years ago, I was at a DC where Tony Morris worked the crowd. He's not really a very good speaker. And during the closing talk, I could almost feel the dubs around me cringe at some of the judgmental and just plain dumb things he said. After the prayer, I thought I might go down and say 'hi'. I was disgusted as I looked down at this line of people that had formed to shake his hand and speak to him... like he's the freakin' pope or something. Where else could a clueless janitor be treated like royalty because he eats crackers and sips wine once a year.

That same attitude trickles down through the ranks to the CO and elders. Most of the ones that really care have been pushed aside or resigned. That leaves the ones that are more interested in honoring themselves. They get ahead by serving Brooklyn, not by serving the sheeples.

• Alfred
    Alfred

Billy... I believe it...

Early last year, Anthony Morris visited our district and made a ridiculous comment about Field Circus... Basically, he asked the audience of about 6,000 to raise their hand if they enjoy getting up early saturday morning to go to FS. i'd say about 10% or less raised their hand... his response to that was: "wow, that's a lot more than I expected... I (Anthony Morris) certainly don't enjoy getting up early and then have to face the kind of treatment we usually get in FS, but we all have to do it if we want Jehovah's approval" (or words to that effect)... It just left everyone looking at each other and thinking WTF...

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    your constant repetition: "Peace be with you, (again, peace to you!)., Servant of the Lord"...etc,
    sounds just a little bit fake. It sounds SO self-righteous and self-important......Rabbit

Good Morning Rabbit..

I`ve known Shelby for years..She`s a SweetHeart..

She`s neither self-righteous or self -important..

It`s just her way..

..................... ...OUTLAW

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

As far as I know, no one else died for all...regardless of religious or non religious affiliation.

Biblically speaking, everyone else from time immemorial has been slated to die for their own sins.

So it seems to me, if one is looking for salvation, it's Jesus or self-merit/religion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit