The Real Issues Facing former Jehovah's Witnesses

by AllTimeJeff 57 Replies latest jw friends

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Shamus, you da bomb!

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

This topic is on fire now. I will just watch what happens.

• shamus100
    shamus100

The monkey is in your brain, ATJ. Until you realize this, you shall never be happy. I can't believe how fast 'that' side of my brain logs out here, and logs back in as the monkey.

In any event, if you do leave this destructive group and DON'T seek counselling you are not going to do as well. You need to talk to someone real and get real perspective on your situation, not tip tap tapping on the computer with strangers. ;)

It takes a strong person to get help. They generally more forward better.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Yeah yeah. Go suck on a bannana.

• shamus100
    shamus100

What did you say to yourself?

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Shamus, it's ok. I do fit the phrase "Women want him, men want to be like him, monkeys pretend they are him."

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers
    I love trying to see things from someone elses poinnt of view even if I don't agree.

Discreetslave, no wonder you're exiting the Watchtower!

• discreetslave
    discreetslave

To Jamie

I'm surprised it took me so long to realize I really don't fit in.

• wantingtruth
    wantingtruth

The real issue facing former Jehovah's Witnesses is who they are.

That's very true !

the situations we are experiencing these times reveals what we have deep in our hearts / who we really are / the hidden things of our hearth.....

...according to what is written Mark 4

22. For there is nothing hid, save that it should be manifested; neither was anything made secret, but that it should come to light.

and this action of "revealing of all hidden things" means "judgment"

Ecclesiastes 12

13. This is the end of the matter; all hath been heard: fear God, and keep his commandments; for this is the whole duty of man.

For God will bring every work into judgment, with every hidden thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil.

• Heaven
    Heaven

ATJ, thank you. I always enjoy your posts/thoughts.

when you think about it, being a former JW is about leaving a god, not heading to a new one. So for you theists out there, show some respect and remember that, ok?

I especially relate to this. There is something about many theists who want you to buy into their fantasy. I think it's about needing validation, at least, in part.

One of my other issues in life is Trust. When you've been lied to so much, trust is not something easily given. I am guarded, with shields up most of the time. This is not only due to my JW upbringing and subsequent unkind treatment at times from my parents but also with people in general who cannot be honest -- with themselves and others.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit